IHI is a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, we have partnered with visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Recognized as an innovator, convener, trustworthy partner, and driver of results, we are the first place to turn for expertise, help, and encouragement for anyone, anywhere who wants to change health and health care profoundly for the better. Learn more at ihi.org.
IHI's Senior Project Manager (PM) position is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned project manager to help build an IT PM function from the ground up, teach and motivate others toward success, and help IHI continue to further its mission to improve health care on a global scale.
The PM will support core business functions and processes by planning, designing, developing and launching IT-related projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters. They will play a key role in migrating the organization from legacy systems to commercial off-the-shelf SaaS solutions. The role includes a strong emphasis on stakeholder engagement and vendor management. Prior experience implementing and supporting commercial off-the-shelf solutions rather than building custom solutions in-house is a must.
- Participate in IT portfolio management activities, collaborating with both IT and business unit leaders.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available departmental resources to various phases of project.
- Manage internal and external systems/application projects within assigned areas from inception to successful implementation:
- Establish work plan for each phase of project, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
- Define project objectives, scope, and level of effort
- Develop project strategies and plans, and identify the methods and tools required for the project
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel
- Initiate projects, keep projects on track and on budget, and resolve issues with customers
- Monitor progress against plan
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required
- Escalate any project issues including timing, budget, resources, scope and more, to upper management in a timely manner.
- Drive for Process Excellence on enterprise-wide projects.
- Prepare project status reports and/or project portfolio summaries for management, business unit leaders, and IT management.
- Perform customer surveys ensuring customer satisfaction remains high.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Work with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Ensure easy access to information that is useful to users.
- Lead the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs.
- Adhere to best project management practices and methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong change management skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Strong project management skills which includes experience in organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors
- Strong portfolio management skills
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Acquire and use knowledge of the organization's business practices and direction, as well as familiarity with the organization's products and resources
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is strongly preferred
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- At least 7 years of IT experience, including 5+ years managing complex IT projects.
- Experience with CRM and/or ERP experience is required.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and execute/deliver in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience in non-profit or association industry is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified preferred.
- Experience in sales/marketing/customer service environment is preferred.
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, political beliefs, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.