About Affinity Community Services
Affinity Community Services (Affinity) is a social justice organization that focuses on health and wellness, leadership development, and community building. Affinity’s core constituents are Black lesbian, bisexual, and transgender women and LGBTQ youth of African descent in the Chicago metropolitan area, though much of its work addresses needs and issues related to the broader LGBTQ and Black communities. To learn more, please visit: https://affinity95.org.
About the Opportunity
The Executive Director provides visionary leadership for Affinity, ensuring that it is serving the community in a manner consistent with its mission. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its strategic goals, financial objectives, and successful day-to-day operations.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions
· Assure that Affinity has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
· Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
· Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of Affinity’s work.
· Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
· Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
· Publicize the activities of Affinity, its programs and goals.
· Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
· Represent the programs and point of view of Affinity to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
· Oversee the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
· Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
· Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of Affinity.
· Maintain a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality people.
· Develop and maintain sound financial practices.
· Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the Board in preparing a budget.
Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
· Jointly, with the President and Secretary of the Board of Directors, conduct official correspondence of Affinity, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
The successful candidate will possess the following essential qualifications:
· Must be comfortable working with diverse members of the LGBTQ community.
· At least 5 years of experience managing projects and/or people.
· Knowledge and experience of standard fundraising techniques including prospect cultivation, grant writing, direct mail campaigns, special events, capital campaigns, and individual giving.
· Previous work with legislators, public officials, and/or advocacy groups.
· Must be fluent in all Microsoft Office Suite programs and utilities.
· Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
· Must own a motor vehicle and have a driver’s license and/or be comfortable using public transportation.
· A Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Affinity Community Services offers a competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and organizational salary structure. Benefits include: paid holidays, paid vacation days, healthcare, and flexible scheduling.
About Affinity Community Services
Affinity Community Services (Affinity) is a social justice organization that focuses on health and wellness, leadership development, and community building. Affinity’s core constituents are Black…
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Affinity Community Services - Executive Director Search.” Cover letters will be evaluated as a writing sample and should include the applicant’s salary requirements. Application materials must be directed to the email address above. No phone calls, please. Note that due to the number of applications we receive, we will only respond to those applicants whom we would like to invite to interview for the position. For best consideration, applications should be received by Monday, March 1, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Affinity Community Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service or other non-merit factors. Applicants from historically underrepresented communities, including people of color, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line “Affinity Community Services - Executive Director Search.” Cover…