Elementary Teacher for 2018-2019 School Year
- Job posted by Robert Muller LIFE School, Panajachel, Guatemala
0 Ave. 5-39, Zona 2
The Robert Muller LIFE School is a non-profit, international Pre-K-6th grade school located in Panajachel, Guatemala on the shores of beautiful Lake Atitlan. We are committed to providing a quality education to the economically and culturally diverse local student population.
Please note that in order to apply for this position a degree in elementary education and/or state-certification is preferred. English is the language of instruction.
We are looking for a qualified teachers to join our elementary school team in the 2018-2019 school year. The majority of our students are English language learners and thus teachers with a bilingual/ELL/immersion background are preferred. As a primary grade classroom teacher, you would be responsible for providing instruction in English language arts and math, social studies and/or science. We have specials teachers who give classes in Spanish, physical education, technology and the arts (music, dance, and visual art).
We are a small, private and nonprofit organization. Our school is economically diverse, as we have a scholarship and sponsorship program providing the opportunity for indigenous children to attend the school at little cost to their families. Unfortunately, we can’t pay huge salaries, but life in Guatemala is relatively affordable and the stipend we provide is enough to cover living expenses in Guatemala. The school will provide transportation from the Guatemala City airport and will also help new teachers in finding accommodations.
Please view our website at www.lifeschoolguatemala.com for more information about LIFE School.
- Flexible, resourceful, energetic, and passionate about education.
- Committed to the school's mission of providing a quality education in English to the local population (See www.lifeschoolguatemala.com for more info).
- Certification, TEFL, or equivalent experience teaching English Language Learners
- Experience in differentiating instruction.
- Working knowledge of Spanish preferred but not required
- Preference given to teachers with experience working in a multicultural setting
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume including three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified candidates will be asked immediately to fill out a pre-selection questionnaire.