330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Budget Manager for our Finance–Admin department.
- Create and maintains the annual financial budgets for the 1199 SEIU Funds to support the business managers with financial data, reports and business insights to support cost effective controls
- Manage the creation of periodic and on-demand reports that accurately reflect the financial activities of the Funds, provide summaries, and detailed information to department managers
- Develop the budget analyst(s) to improve their skills
- Review current reports to identify areas that may overspend; analyze operating results on a regular and recurring basis
- Supervise and coach budget analyst(s) to streamline reporting and analysis
- Update and maintain the budgeting program and assist in implementation of new reporting programs as needed
- Support senior management to formulate corporate budget package and/or preparation of budget presentations
- Generate, maintain and issue monthly metric reports on a timely basis
- Perform special projects and assignments as assigned by management
- Must meet and maintain performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics or the equivalent years of experience required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of budgeting experience including two (2) years of experience supervising staff required
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel required
- Work experience using a financial planning system a plus
- Must have working experience with budgeting techniques, variance analysis and allocation methodologies, budget preparation and automated financial reporting
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, have advanced analytical skills, work independently and develop creative solutions
medical, dental, no copay, prescription, child care, tuition reimbursement included. 401K
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7424. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.