Details: Competitive benefits package
878 Lyster Road
Midwest Young Artists Conservatory (MYAC) is seeking a highly motivated fundraiser who is passionate about music education to join our team as Development Associate. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to creatively advance a growing development program with a dedicated base of constituents and supporters.
- Work with leadership to develop, execute, and evaluate development plans.
- Meet annual fundraising goals through diverse revenues from individuals, corporations, foundations, and special events.
- Work with Associate Director to lead execution of various annual giving appeals and initiatives, including an annual gala.
- Manage donor engagement, retention, and stewardship efforts.
- Conduct prospect research. Identify and cultivate prospective major donors.
- Engage volunteers and board members to assist in fundraising efforts.
- Develop and execute alumni relations and fundraising strategies, including an alumni newsletter. Serve as staff liaison to the alumni Young Professionals Board.
- Expand corporate and foundation grant research, applications, and stewardship.
- Contribute to donor-focused communications efforts that engage and inspire supporters, demonstrate impact, and make a compelling case for support.
- Evaluate and report on development goals and initiatives.
- Assist and collaborate with marketing and program staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree desirable.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in nonprofit development and strong knowledge of current development best practices preferred.
- Self-starter with strong initiative, creativity, enthusiasm, focus, and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple tasks, and be independently efficient and productive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Adept at working collaboratively with staff, board members, donors, and volunteers.
- Experience with donor/constituent database systems strongly preferred. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Experience writing and communicating cases for support and donor impact copy preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced social media skills. Experience with email marketing and/or website content management preferred.
- Ability to evaluate efforts and measure outcomes, with goal of continual improvement.
- Some flexible time required for evening/weekend meetings and special events.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to travel locally.
15 paid time off days first year (plus one additional day per year after one year of employment), plus 7 paid holidays
Up to $250/month for health insurance ($1,000 deductible plan)
MYAC matches up to 3% of employee’s contribution to a Simple Retirement Plan after two years of employment
Employee or employee family member tuition waiver for one large ensemble
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application deadline: September 24, 2018 (preferred by September 17)
Send cover letter and resume to: Greg Diethrich, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed immediately upon receipt of letter and resume.
Telephone inquiries are not accepted.