Details: Depending on experience
The International Myeloma Foundation Marketing & Communications content coordinator reports to the manager of marketing and communications, and helps to coordinate projects, write, and edit content (email, social media snippets, marketing campaigns, etc.), and maintains marketing calendar. The position also receives, tags and archives all photos and videos in IMF digital assets management system.
The coordinator helps ensure content (digital assets) flow through the company in a timely manner. The position helps ensure all information and assets are procured, and delivered to the right people at the right time. The coordinator excels at coordinating various requests including, but not limited to: design, video and editorial assets, delivered across web, email, social media and other digital and print content distribution touch-points.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPERIENCE:
Digital Content Creation and Coordination:
- Updates the Marcom editorial calendar & production schedule.
- Uses tools such as Trello, G-docs Suite, or alike tools for project management.
- Coordinates and loads web content into content management systems for myeloma.org and its satellite sites, including page updates, blog posts, and other site components.
- Collaborates with marketing team to develop digital marketing strategies including content and web marketing, email, social media, and demand generation tactics.
- Coordinates and procures digital assets from freelance graphic designers and stock image libraries. Organizes and maintains assets in a digital assets management system.
- Provides project planning and management for web content creation.
- Prepares, formats, and edits copy and content for the Foundation’s external and internal websites, broadcast emails, and other forms of digital communication.
- Works closely with other content creators to coordinate the editing, formatting, placement, and maintenance of web content.
- Creates and maintains documents (i.e., processes, instructions, style guides)
- Uses editorial judgment to provide effective communications solutions.
- Creates and maintains accurate information consistent with editorial and brand standards.
- Inputs keywords, descriptions, and page titles for SEO initiatives.
Skills & Abilities:
- Understands workflow of content marketing, including email, web, social media, events and printed collateral - (understanding SEM & SEO are a plus)
- Strong editorial skills to help craft, edit, and review a variety of content.
- Experienced at creating and maintaining forward-looking content calendar.
- Experienced at coordinating digital marketing assets and associated channels.
- Experienced at coordinating multiple projects and schedules.
- Experienced at working in a fast-paced environment, with many moving parts.
- Experienced at ensuring deliverables meet requirements and timelines.
- Experience at working with internal as well as external (3rd party) creators and contributors.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to anticipate and troubleshoot problems to prevent delays.
- Proactively communicates updates and priorities with marketing and communications team.
- Continually evaluates workflows and tools for scale and efficiency.
- Consummate team player who is cool under pressure.
- Proficient in Photoshop and other tools used to create digital assets.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in web design/production, digital communication, marketing, or related field.
- 3+ year experience in a digital marketing environment.
- Significant experience in health and medical-oriented writing for the web.
- Experience in developing and editing content for the web.
- Experience working with content management systems, such as Drupal & WordPress.
- Proficiency with the Google suite of business apps, the Microsoft Office suite, and spreadsheet formulas.
- Design and deploy digital graphic assets and landing pages to support marketing initiatives.
- Implement web strategies and long-term goals to increase site traffic, improve compatibility of content with search engines, and continually enhance website effectiveness.
- Knowledge of SEO, information architecture, and responsive design preferred, but not required.
- Grow the organization’s online presence and increase audience engagement.
This job might be a fit for you if:
You are a proactive and self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You tackle difficult challenges head-on and find creative, strategic solutions. You pay attention to details, communicate clearly, speak articulately, and write thoughtfully. You are an adaptable and quick learner who finds enjoyment in tracking details, adhering to deadlines, and problem-solving.
Full medical coverage provided after 60 days of employment
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient in English
Excellent communication and editorial skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample/portfolio