The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. All applicants must agree with the VRLC’s mission statement and philosophy regarding our commitment to improving the response to sexual violence, empowerment, and inclusiveness. Position will be filled by an attorney with a strong work ethic, good sense of humor, and a commitment to serving marginalized or underserved populations.
- Provide sexual assault survivors with comprehensive legal consultations, representation, and referrals
- Represent sexual assault survivors in one or more following areas of law: employment, immigration, education (K-12 or campus), housing, and/or financial stability
- Provide sexual assault survivors with legal assistance in the areas of safety and privacy
- Participate in weekly intake and case assessment meetings
- Conduct strategic outreach to community partners
- Participate in the collection of accurate client services data
- Work collaboratively with a team of lawyers throughout the Commonwealth
- Other duties as assigned
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and in good standing
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a practicing attorney
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving throughout the Commonwealth
- Demonstrated interest in one or more following areas of law: employment, immigration, education, housing, and/or financial stability
- Experience working with trauma survivors and/or underserved communities
- Fluency in additional languages preferred
- Currently living in or from Berkshire County
The VRLC provides excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, long & short-term disability insurance, paid holiday, personal, vacation, and sick leave, 403b plan with employer match, free monthly transit pass, and a caring and innovative work environment!
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in additional languages preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required