1349 Inwood Ave
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate Mathematics Middle School instructional program, highlighting STEM, in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- develop schemes of work and lesson plans
- establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
- prepare classroom for class activities
- provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs
- instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- use relevant technology to support instruction
- observe and evaluate student's performance and development
- assign all class work, homework, tests and assignments
- provide appropriate feedback on work
- encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations
- prepare required reports on students and activities
- manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- participate in department and school meetings, parent meetings
- communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- keep up to date with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
Education and Experience
Qualified Applicants must be:
- NYS certified. (Special Education preferred)
- Experienced with differentiated instruction and using data to help support that instruction.
- Experienced with common core standards and NYS assessments.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are to send their resume, cover letter, and reference to via email only, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include job title in subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please!
Bronx Academy of Promise Charter School is an equal opportunity employer.