Details: Paid Bi-weekly
10 Fawcett Street
Job ID 1902 Company
Accion International Years of Experience 5 years
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of – or poorly served by – the financial sector. For more than 50 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through its work with more than 90 partners in 40 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
Talent Acquisition at Accion plays a strategic role in filling key vacancies across the organization to support Accion’s operations globally. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be the organization’s main full-cycle recruiter, partnering with hiring managers from the requisition stage through to an employee’s first day, for all of Accion’s departments and across the regions where we work.
We’re looking for a motivated recruiter who can source talent globally and who is driven by social impact.
Working closely with and reporting to the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Specialist will be an essential member of Accion’s HR team and will be Accion’s main liaison to its candidates and hiring partners.
- Partner with hiring managers to fill open vacancies across Accion’s departments and regions (US, Africa, Latin America, and Asia), from the requisition stage through to an employee’s first day.
- Craft compelling job descriptions with hiring managers and HR colleagues prior to posting positions.
- Screen incoming applicant submissions, conduct candidate phone screens, and deliver timely feedback to hiring managers.
- Operate Accion’s Applicant Tracking System (iCIMS) by managing recruiting workflows, talent pipelines, and hiring manager access.
- Operate Accion’s LinkedIn Recruiter to source passive talent, managing LinkedIn career’s page.
- Coordinate all logistics for candidate interviews and hiring manager feedback discussions; provide guidance interviewing techniques and system support as needed.
- Deliver verbal offers to candidates and draft offer letters accordingly based upon agreed terms.
- Initiate and process candidate background and reference checks.
- Submit new hires through to onboarding and ensure new employee files are stored internally for HR colleagues.
- Produce new hire announcements to be shared with the organization globally.
- Assist with promoting employment brand awareness. Update Accion's LinkedIn main page as needed, partner with Accion’s communications team to integrate and ensure consistency in the Accion brand.
- Ensure consistency between platforms including LinkedIn, the applicant tracking system, and Accion intranet.
- Review and update current onboarding process; provide on-going maintenance as needed.
- Support learning sessions, including information on interview tactics, recruitment process, and systems.
- Lead new hire orientation set up and onboarding processes as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required; relevant Master’s degree a significant plus.
- 5 years of experience in Recruiting, Sourcing, or HR required; iCIMS experience highly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through; ability to manage varied and competing priorities.
- Exceptional relationship management skills required.
- Demonstrated professionalism, discretion and judgment, combined with empathy and tact.
- Systems, database, and process management skills highly valued.
- Excellent verbal and written abilities in English required; Spanish language fluency a significant plus.
- Creativity, problem-solving, and strong technical proficiency are essential.
- Informed of current trends and practices in the area of talent acquisition.
- Deep interest in international development and in our mission.
- Willingness to embody Accion’s values of Excellence, Respect and Passion for Social Change.
- Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
- Excellence: Accion staff should always put forth their best effort in all activities, strive for high quality of collective and individual performance; and demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times while in the workplace and while working on behalf of the organization.
- Respect: Accion staff should value one another’s roles and responsibilities as much as their own, be encouraging, and value the diverse and unique perspectives of colleagues. They should honor obligations and commitments to each other and to external partners.
- Passion for Social Change: Accion staff should be committed to making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate, value the greater good of the organization over personal gain, and promote a productive workplace by acknowledging the accomplishments of others.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life/LTD, Great match on our retirement plan and Paternity leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required