HMIS Specialist / System Administrator
- Job posted by Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County
Details: A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
4415 Harrison Street
The Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County is seeking a full-time Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Specialist / System Administrator who, as part of a team, will maintain a data system and analyze data to evaluate homeless needs in our county.
About the Alliance
The Alliance is a passionate, hard-working team dedicated to making homelessness in suburban Cook County rare, brief, and a one-time occurrance. Our role is to lead the Cook County Continuum of Care in realizing this vision by:
- Creating and implementing a community-wide plan to prevent and end homelessness.
- Strategic use and equitable distribution of federal funding and leveraging new resources to end homelessness across the region.
- Measuring results, monitoring performance, and tracking progress towards our goals.
- Understands all aspects of the ServicePoint Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) product and the Alliance's policies and procedures for the system's usage;
- Supports the overall data and evaluation strategy for the organization;
- Analyzes data, prepares and submits reports on programmatic measures as well as HMIS system usage;
- Consults with member agencies and provides small group training for end users to facilitate maximum benefit of using various system features;
- Meets frequently with various member groups to understand and develop strategies to accomplish Alliance goals;
- Completes member agency Site Visits as needed to provide support and monitor compliance;
- Audits access to and usage of the HMIS to ensure full participation and compliance by member agencies authorized to use the system;
- Audits data quality, recommends corrective action, training topics, etc;
- Analyzes aggregate data to inform Alliance strategic goals and to evaluate outcomes;
- Collects and communicates user feedback on software functionality;
- Provides support to individual users and agencies in use of the system;
- Performs system administration tasks, including user management, maintenance of provider records, development of system mechanisms, and coordination with regional partners;
- Oversees and enforces client privacy and data security procedures;
- Prepares datasets for use in external research projects and cross-sector data analysis;
- Assists with office network and computer equipment troubleshooting.
- Minimum one-year experience in a related position. Evidence of experience in system administration, client database management, user training, and/or data migration is desired.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical personnel within member agencies.
- Excellent written communication skills; ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of relational database management and associated reporting tools.
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting with significant information reporting requirements strongly desired.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, advanced training, or equivalent experience.
- Must be a self-directed, highly organized person who can effectively prioritize and follow through on multiple projects, who take pride in producing quality work and is willing to learn new things.
- Interpersonal skills and flexibility within a small office.
- Must have a valid driver's license and use of an insured car for moderate local travel within county.
Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD, Flexible Spending Account
Level of Language Proficiency
English must be spoken.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email your resume and cover letter describing your interest in and relevant skills for the position to email@example.com with "HMIS Specialist" in the subject line.
Please address your cover letter to:
Director of Information Systems
Alliance to End Homelessness in Suburban Cook County
4415 Harrison Street, Suite 228
Hillside, IL 60162-1904
We seek a diverse fiield of applicants. While we have a set of qualifications listed, if you have other experience that you think is related, please apply.
Position is open until filled. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis; to ensure consideration, please reply by September 28, 2018. We will contact only those individuals we feel are most qualified for the position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER