Fund Development Manager, Marketing and Events
- Job posted by Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH)
123 10th Street
Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH) is looking for a Fund Development Manager, Marketing and Events. This position reports to the Director. The Fund Development Manager is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Fund Development Manager, Marketing and Events, is an exciting new role with an opportunity for growth. The position includes a great deal of variety in the work and requires exercising a high level of creativity and independent judgment. Responsibilities include a mixture of events planning, funding development, marketing, and communication. This is a great job for someone looking to impact social justice and inspire others to join in.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Events Planning (~50%):
● Plan and execute the annual fundraiser, The Bash, in partnership with the organization’s Co-Directors, staff and Board. This includes managing budget, vendors, sponsors, attendee experience, volunteers, reports and outcomes.
● Procure sponsorship support and manage sponsor relations and benefits. Develop a process for sponsorship follow-up and tracking with relationship holder
● Point of contact for events; effectively communicates details in advance to all involved and summarizes outcomes with thoughtful analysis and recommendations
● Plan yearly calendar of events with clear deliverable goals and achievements documented
● Implement industry best practices for recruiting event committees, teams, sponsors and individuals to grow our constituent base
● Ensure all events achieve/exceed revenue goal
● Ensure relationship cultivation strategies are implemented for all event constituents
● Facilitate the monthly Event Planning Committee
● Serve as the staff manager on event day to provide an excellent experience for all participants
● Provide all event constituents at any development activity with a legendary experience from the time they arrive to when they leave the event
● Responsible for production of all event materials, collateral, signage, and outreach in support of event goals are on brand, message, time and strategy
● Oversee planning and execution of volunteer events with relevant Facilities and Site staff
● Support event efforts of tenant holiday gift giving and holiday celebrations
● Oversee planning and execution of annual Tenant Appreciation Party and Tenant Wellness Fair with site leadership and other staff
● Additional related duties
Fund Development (~25%):
● Oversee our newly created development strategy
● Manage donor database, including timely and accurate input and reporting
● Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors
● Manage, coordinate and execute fundraising activities and strategies including qualification, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, and foundation funding prospects and donors
● Produce quarterly dashboards based on the organizations fund development, marketing and events goals and outcomes.
● Oversee end of the year appeal, and other annual fund solicitations
● Additional related duties
Marketing and Communications (~25%):
● Create and implement the organization’s communications strategy
● Manage DISH’s social media accounts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other accounts
● Update and enhance the organization’s website using WordPress
● Manage the content creation and design for the organization’s monthly e-blast, annual report and other communications / fundraising collateral
● Create an editorial calendar that strategically communicates to various constituents throughout the year
● Follow and actively engage in conversations on homelessness, housing and philanthropy trends to share with DISH’s online community
● Build and cultivate media contacts and write and circulate press releases
● Protect the visual identity of DISH by ensuring adherence to the style guide
● Supports outward facing staff and ensure they are using up to date materials including images, fonts, messaging and signage
● Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising
● Additional related duties
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing believes that everyone deserves a home. Every day, we provide high-quality, permanent housing to San Franciscans who suffer from serious health issues—because with our help, they can get off the streets, rebuild their lives, and strengthen our communities. For more information, visit dishsf.org.
Our Mission: Delivering Innovation in Supportive Housing (DISH) strives to provide excellent property management services to help end homelessness in San Francisco. Through its work, DISH hopes to demonstrate the healing effects of home and stable community, to reinforce the self-worth of persons who have not had access to a clean, beautiful place to live, and to involve tenants in healthy and life affirming activities by drawing upon the diverse opportunities in San Francisco. DISH is a project of Tides.
● Demonstrate excellence: In our work and in our interactions.
● Stay focused: On what’s most important and within our control.
● Under-promise and over-deliver: Managing expectations along the way.
● Use initiative and innovation: Improving our services and performance.
● Be fair and consistent: Implementing our policies and procedures.
● Be mindful and prudent: With income and expenses.
● Be respectful and hopeful: With tenants, partners, coworkers, and ourselves.
● Be open: To different opinions, challenging discussions, and taking risks.
DISH Service Commitments:
1. Warm greetings & interactions every chance we get
2. Professional appearance every day
3. Service through helping
4. Be present and respectful at all times
5. Stay calm in the eye of the storm
6. Strive for the best environment to be in and work in
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Experience in fund development and/or marketing and communications required.
● Two years of managerial or project administration experience required.
● Experience in content development and editing required.
● Extensive experience with donor and/or customer service provision required.
● Experience and willingness to work in a team environment required.
● Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in MS Office required. Salesforce/CRM and website development/editing experience a plus.
● Team leadership or supervision a plus.
● Professional training may substitute for experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
● Commitment to the mission and values of DISH and enthusiasm for working as a team member.
● Ability to take direction from a supervisor and work independently.
● Ability to communicate work plan priorities and needs and demonstrate grace under pressure.
● Ability to assume leadership, take initiative, and exercise independent judgment.
● Ability to handle confidential personnel and financial matters.
● Strong office administrative skills, including telephone and written communication experience.
● Strong analytical skills and creativity.
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment and ability to prioritize among competing pressing issues.
● Ability to manage expectations and meet deadlines in a timely and effective manner.
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc. Must be able to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Employee must have the ability to attend meetings, sit, listen, and use computer keyboard and mouse up to 7.5 hours per day. Frequently required to use a computer, phone, copier, and fax machine.
This is a full-time, exempt position starting as soon as possible. Starting salary is around $60,000 and dependent on experience. Compensation includes a full benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and a retirement plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity
DISH, a project of the Tides Center, is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS Related Conditions (ARC).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Position is open until filled. In addition to a resume, applicants must include a cover letter expressing their interest in this position with DISH and why they are qualified for this job. Please submit cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or drops-ins please.