Position Summary: The Senior Development Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s mission through special event fundraising events and volunteer development. The Senior Development Manager will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the Houston community. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Senior Development Manager plays a key role in professional leadership to the community’s volunteers. If you have strong fundraising experience and enjoy working in the community, then this is the position for you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Executive Director develop, implement and monitor a $1.2M annual special event budget.
- In cooperation with the Executive Director develop, implement and monitor a work plan, including special event fundraising, support services, leadership development and volunteer development.
- Create and implement In cooperation with the Executive Director develop, implement and monitor strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Winter Ball and Golf Fore Guts Topgolf Challenge special events.
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising events.
- Build meaningful volunteer relationships by utilizing volunteer skills and resources and recognizing volunteers for their time and efforts.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- In cooperation with Executive Director and National staff, direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation donors related to special event campaigns.
- In partnership with seasonal event coordinators, coordinate all collateral materials related to fundraising events.
- In partnership with special event committees, coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local regions while advancing the Foundation’s mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the Foundation’s facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, specifically Gala events, cocktails, etc.
- Corporate giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in committee and volunteer management and development.
- Familiarity with major gifts and Moves Management.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development
- Experience managing event planners and a team.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Donor Direct, and Convio a plus.
- Must possess a good credit history.
Minimum Education Required