The Director of Residential Services is responsible for overall administration and management of The Family Crisis Center of Baltimore County’s (FCC) Emergency and Transitional Housing Programs. The Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the department, including planning, supervision, and development and implementation of policies and procedures. The Director of Residential Services directly supervises all Shelter and Transitional Coordinators, Managers, and Case Management team.
• Supervision and coordination of shelter and transitional housing programs.
• Provides ample, direct, motivating staff supervision for designated positions including:
• Ensuring smooth, effective execution of plans and competent service delivery
• Ensuring hiring and performance that reflects the FCC mission and organizational values and enables achievement of set goals and objectives
• Determining recommendations for staff training and development
• With the Operations and Finance Director prepares the program budget and tracks income and expenses on an ongoing basis, works to ensure programs are operating within the budget.
• Ensures that program policies are being followed by staff and participants.
• Ensure that on-call support is accessible 24/7 and serve as responder in emergency situations.
• Develops, recommends, implements, and enforces program rules and procedures.
• Develops and implement strategies to ensure housing facilities are populated to capacity.
• Ensure the program facilities and offices are adequately furnished, supplied, healthful, and safe for staff and residents.
• Maintains staff and resident files in a confidential manner in accordance with the guidelines of FCC and applicable funders and/or agencies.
• Other duties as assigned to support FCC’s mission and organizational health.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with preference for a graduate degree or related experience.
• Demonstrated, progressive managerial experience and leadership abilities including supervision of staff, team-building, and working with volunteers.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to relate to all levels of staff, Board, children, families, and communities.
• Demonstrates a passion for the mission of the Family Crisis Center of Baltimore County.
• Demonstrated commitment to family services through previous work as a professional or volunteer leader in human services or a related field.
The Director of Residential Services is responsible for overall administration and management of The Family Crisis Center of Baltimore County’s (FCC) Emergency and Transitional Housing Programs. The Director is…