Seeking Dynamic Common Core Experts in Rigorous and Engaging Instruction
TNTP seeks a full-time Site Manager for our client team. These positions are based in a home office anywhere in the U.S. or from the TNTP central office in Brooklyn, NY. Frequent travel up to 50% annually is expected.
Who We Are
TNTP is a national nonprofit founded by teachers that believes our nation’s public schools can offer all children an excellent education. Today we’re a diverse team from a wide range of fields, united by a fierce commitment to helping school systems end educational inequality and achieve their goals for students. We work at every level of the public education system to attract and train talented teachers and school leaders, ensure rigorous and engaging classrooms, and create environments that prioritize great teaching and accelerate student learning.
TNTP is currently expanding our work into academic strategy to build stronger classrooms for more kids, faster. While strong human capital policies and practices are necessary to build and maintain excellent schools, we know that in order to ensure students are really learning, districts must have a clear academic vision, the ability to translate that vision to schools, and, most importantly, know how to improve the quality of instruction offered to kids. TNTP is helping schools, districts and states to establish policies and practices that prioritize and support effective teaching, every day.
What You’ll Do
As a Site Manager, you will partner with school districts and/or TNTP programs across the country to develop, advocate for and implement models aimed to raise the quality of classroom instruction through the development and implementation of academic strategies. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Leading projects that will improve the quality of instruction at scale aligned to the Common Core or other college and career readiness standards in schools. In particular, this will include supporting school leaders (principals and/or instructional coaches) to design and execute regular cycles of teacher professional learning that is grounded in strong instructional materials and is intended to improve instruction and, ultimately, student outcomes.
- Tracking the success of these projects and making strategic decisions about what is needed next
- Helping district and school leaders deliver on their instructional leadership priorities by supporting them with key aspects of their roles, including conducting classroom visits to assess the quality of instruction, supporting implementation of instructional materials aligned to the shifts and demands of college and career ready standards, setting up and maintaining data systems, and executing a strategy to monitor changes in instruction
- Developing and managing relationships with district leaders, school leaders, teachers and other stakeholders
- Contributing to the creation of high-quality, data-driven reports demonstrating the effect of newly created models on the quality of instruction
What You Bring
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change children’s lives through education. You’ll be right at home here if you bring deep knowledge and expertise, but also you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, and push yourself, your work and the people around you to the next level.
We expect our Site Managers to:
- Know great, Common Core-aligned, teaching and learning when you see it. Whether you are watching how students engage during a lesson or looking at student performance data, you can identify whether students are grappling with the right content and diagnose what needs to happen at the classroom and school level to improve student learning outcomes immediately and in the long-term. You understand the implications of the shifts in instruction required by college and career ready standards for students, teachers, school leaders and district staff.
- Motivate and influence education leaders. We’re counting on your strong public presentation skills and your ability to build strong individual relationships. You’ll regularly partner with, and be expected to influence, clients, teachers and school leaders, investing them in a vision of rigorous instruction that is aligned to the Common Core State Standards or other college and career readiness standards, instructional excellence and generating excitement about effective approaches to professional development.
- Translate your Common Core expertise. You have both a deep understanding of instruction and the systems that support—or hinder—it. You use this knowledge to meet our clients where they are at by designing reasonable solutions to their challenges and you have the ability to assess and adjust to the needs of your clients. You can clearly communicate complex information to a variety of audiences, including teachers, school leaders and district staff.
- Connect the dots in ambiguous circumstances. You’ll use your analytical and problem solving skills to design and facilitate trainings and meetings, craft strategic academic interventions that improve student performance, and propose solutions to academic challenges every day. Ambiguity doesn’t scare you; just the opposite, you thrive on it. Your creative instincts will help you deal with vague situations and develop new approaches with limited guidance.
- Strong familiarity and expertise with the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) required, including a deep conceptual understanding of the instructional shifts; math highly preferred
- Deep knowledge of content and instruction, with at least four years Pre-K-12 teaching experience, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations, and a proven track record of raising student achievement
- The ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions, particularly in the area of academic strategy
- Previous experience developing and facilitating adult learning/training
- Previous experience and success coaching teachers or leaders
- The ability to work effectively with others at all levels of an organization and to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions
- Demonstrated independence in moving work forward, implementing an agreed-upon strategy and effectively identifying when that strategy needs to be adjusted
- Flexibility in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment of rapidly changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with curriculum selection, adoption, roll out and implementation a plus
What We Offer
TNTP offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience in a similar position with the potential for an annual performance based bonus. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan with employer matching. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. TNTP may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your resume and tailored cover letter online.
It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. We recommend including a cover letter in your application addressing why you are interested in TNTP and how your experience has prepared you for this position.
TNTP is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. TNTP does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
- TNTP: www.tntp.org
- Benefits and hiring process: http://tntp.org/join
- Life at TNTP: http://tntp.org/about-tntp/our-people
Minimum Education Required