Details: PKS offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
250 10th Street
Presidio Knolls School (PKS), a progressive Mandarin immersion elementary school in San Francisco, is seeking an Associate Director of Communications for an immediate start.
PKS was founded on the idea that a progressive educational model can be combined with rigorous Mandarin immersion to create a vibrant, innovative school where children will thrive in a joyful environment. Founded in 2008, we have grown rapidly and established a unique position in the Bay Area’s independent school community. Today, the school enrolls almost 320 students in preschool through fifth grade, and we will continue to add one grade per year until 2020 when there will be a full preschool through eighth grade.
As we enter this next stage of growth, we seek an experienced and dynamic communications professional with a strong eye for design to help strengthen and promote the voice of the school to internal and external audiences. This is a full time position with significant opportunities for growth, reporting to the Director of Communications.
● Communications planning: develop, track, and implement a school-wide content and communications calendar in support of all divisions (preschool, elementary, middle school), as well as admissions, development and fundraising, operations, auxiliary programs, and the Parent Association
● Content creation: write and design parent-focused email newsletters as well as other digital and print media; develop and produce multimedia content including video and photography for our website, blog, and other digital platforms
● Design strategy: take the lead on guiding the vision and direction of our school brand and visual aesthetic across external and internal channels, including our website, blog, social media, and internal intranet; hire and oversee freelance graphic designers and web developers for special projects as needed
● Social media: develop and implement the school’s social media strategy and online presence; author and edit social media posts
● Community engagement: review and update key communications channels, including the website, intranet, and other regular channels, to ensure content and quality of messaging meet the needs of key stakeholders
● Perform additional communication and development activities as may be required, and other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum of five years’ experience in communications, content, or marketing, with demonstrated digital media skills and experience with social media
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
● Attention to detail and comfort working to a deadline
● Strong design, video, and photography skills preferred
● Experience in a school or non-profit setting a plus
● Proficiency in Mandarin a strong plus
● Must be able to pass a Livescan background check permitting employment in a school / childcare facility
Qualities We’re Looking For
● You are a thoughtful and experienced communicator and creative problem-solver who is comfortable engaging with varied and diverse stakeholders and constituencies.
● You prioritize well and are adept at handling multiple projects and deadlines at once.
● You are a great teammate and believe that no job or project is too big or too small.
● You have an appreciation for our mission as a progressive Mandarin-immersion school.
● You are eager to grow your responsibilities and step into a bigger leadership role over time.
PKS offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Proficiency in Mandarin a strong plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please state the position of Associate Director of Communications in the email subject line.