The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Assistant to provide administrative and occasional program support to the Income Security, Child Care, and Early Learning Program. The Assistant is an integral member of the Income Security, Child Care, and Early Learning team, providing critical administrative and systems support. This position supports the team’s programmatic work, which addresses a wide range of issues including child care and early learning policy; tax and budget policy; income supports such as tax credits for working families, nutrition assistance, housing, and unemployment insurance; and Social Security and retirement.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice—in the courts, in public policy, and in our society—working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us—especially women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For almost 50 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women. Find out more at NWLC.org.
· Supporting the Vice President and other staff with scheduling.
· Assisting with conference, event, and meeting organization, preparation, and execution.
· Creating/editing correspondence and other documents and preparing documents for distribution, including formatting fact sheets and flyers in InDesign.
· Arranging travel, preparing expense reports, and facilitating contracts.
· Posting and formatting content on the NWLC website using WordPress.
· Conducting web-based, legislative, and other research on income security, child care, and early learning issues and drafting accompanying materials, such as blog posts for NWLC’s website.
· Providing support for legislative communications and outreach
· As needed: providing other administrative, program, and organization-wide support
The ideal candidate will possess:
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
The Assistant will report directly to the Vice President for Income Security and Child Care and will work with members of the Income Security and Child Care Team and colleagues across the National Women’s Law Center.
NWLC recognizes a staff bargaining unit, NWLC United, affiliated with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union/IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit- workers. This position is included in NWLC’s bargaining unit. Specific employment terms are subject to collective bargaining.
The National Women’s Law Center seeks an Assistant to provide administrative and occasional program support to the Income Security, Child Care, and Early Learning Program. The Assistant is an integral member of the Income…
To apply for this position submit a cover letter, resume, and three references with current contact information. Resumes should include exact start and end dates of employment specifically month and year. Please send application material via e-mail to: ISCCAssistant@nwlc.org and include position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. No calls please.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; people of color; and veterans.
If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.
To apply for this position submit a cover letter, resume, and three references with current contact information. Resumes should include exact start and end dates of employment…