Computer Science Teachers Come To Oakland! OUSD Is Hiring For 2018-19!
- Job posted by Oakland Unified School District - Recruitment
1000 Broadway, Suite 295
Oakland Unified School District is hiring talented Computer Science educators for the 2018-19 school year!
TEACHING COMPUTER SCIENCE IN OUSD
We are looking for Computer Science teachers and industry professionals to join our team of passionate and experienced educators committed to bringing computer science to students across Oakland and providing them with a college and career preparatory education. Computer Science teachers in OUSD have a unique opportunity to share their love of technology with students and empower them in new ways: they work closely with industry, nonprofit, higher-education, and government organizations to expand opportunities for students through work-based learning, student internships, teacher externships, and cross-curriculum project-based learning. As Computer Science teacher in Oakland schools, you will be at the forefront of the creation of the preeminent Computer Science department in the nation. You will be pioneering problem solving, design thinking, and working with students to create authentic technology that matters. There is a great energy in the CS department, and we are looking for like-minded CS experts to join us.
Applicants of all backgrounds are welcome to apply! If you don’t have a credential but are an industry professional, please consider applying! See below for specific requirements. Professional development will be provided to our Computer Science teachers by internal and external partners, and a competitive stipend is offered to our CS teachers for participating in optional professional development. Code.org will provide content and curricular professional development so you will not be writing your own course from scratch.
Apply Today! https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1376
Why teach in OUSD?
- Oakland is a dynamic hub of innovation, art, technology, and thriving business. Oakland is deeply rooted in a history of community-based organizing and rich in cultural, racial, socio-economic, linguistic diversity and inclusivity.
- OUSD reflects the best of innovation and diversity in our dynamic and growing city, leading equity-centered work in public education nationwide.
- We are making great strides in social-emotional learning, closing the technology gap, and increasing personalized education in our classrooms.
OUSD is looking for teachers who:
- Believe that all students can learn and are dedicated to an asset-based approach to the educational success of urban students
- Plan and prepare rigorous, standards-aligned lessons with meaningful and equitable instruction
- Build a supportive and challenging learning environment for students that promotes respect and a culture of learning, with behavioral expectations and routines that maximize learning time
- Reflect and revise their practice to improve student outcomes
- A current California Teaching Credential or out-of-state equivalent (by July 2018) OR active enrollment in a university intern program
- Authorization to work in the United States
- OUSD offers a competitive salary, based on years of experience and education. Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their families, plus life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and a retirement plan through the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
- Across Bay Area public school districts, employees pay an average of 42% ($9,000) for family coverage on the least expensive plan. In OUSD, employees can pay much less: just 1.3% for family coverage, or less than $400 annually. (Note that exact amounts depend on which plan is selected.)
- Read more about benefits here: http://www.ousd.org/Page/11485\
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Start by applying to our eligibility pools and specific vacancies listed here: https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1376
- You can also learn more about our teaching opportunities and hiring events here: http://www.ousd.org/careers