Responsibilities / Tasks are spread over 3 mandates which are:
- Assist with social media management and online content design. The Depot would like to develop and maintain tools that will increase its visibility and brand image. The intern will assist the Communications Coordinator in: (1) content development (Facebook, Instagram, Wordpress, Mailchimp); (2) developing a short and long term social media plan for target audiences on all fronts (Twitter, Instagram and Facebook etc), (3) basic graphic design to attach to some social media posts, (4) collaborating with other Depot programs to obtain content and (5) updating and improving the website. You will have the opportunity to hone your skills with programs such as MailChimp, Adobe illustrator, photoshop and Wordpress.
- Helping to build and maintain the computerized management tools with the Google suite. Last year we developed tools (forms, database with Google suite) to facilitate the financial management of the organisation. The tools created must now be linked together through automation to avoid repetitive tasks. This will involve creating summary sheets, links between workbooks etc. to ensure that values remain up to date in the series of Excel sheets used in financial management.
- Assist the Data and analysis Coordinator with more complex projects including the design, maintenance and management of databases and a CRM with Salesforce, Grant Seeker. Assist in customizing the CRM platform to meet the needs of Depot programs and internal users. This assignment will teach you the basics of data analysis.
- Other general duties. You will be responsible for training employees on new tools, assisting them in the installation, configuration and ongoing use of system hardware and software. This mandate will allow you to learn the basics of technical maintenance of computer tools.
- Good knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, creating hyperlinks, using macros, advanced knowledge of the Google Drive suite;
- Knowledge of major social networks and promotional strategies within them.
- Knowledge of social media management, Facebook advertising and content creation;
- Excellent knowledge of the digital communications field;
- Basic knowledge of database organisation, including Salesforce
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy and an interest in data entry.
- Ability to speak and read fluently in French and English and strong writing skills.
Schedule and Contract Conditions:
- Hours per week: 30 hours per week. Mostly home based but subject to change depending on the needs of the Depot.
- 32 weeks contract, from July 26, 2021 to March 04, 2022;
- Salary: $20.00 per hour;
- This internship includes training coordinated by Communautique.
Eligibility requirements: This position is offered as part of the Digital Skills for Youth program. To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 15 and 30 years old at the start of the internship;
- Have completed post-secondary studies;
- Have the legal right to work in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a person who has been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Not receive employment insurance (EI) benefits during the internship;
- Self-assessing as an underemployed person, that is, being unemployed, or being employed below his or her
- level of education or holding a part-time job.
- Not do this internship as a credited study experience.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Deadline to apply: Sunday July 18th at 5 PM