88 Kearny Street
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies and other partners to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s 25 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to say that we have a team of some of the most talented and motivated people in the industry working in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
The Manager, Inclusive Economy will be part of BSR’s Inclusive Economy area of expertise team. Following BSR’s inclusive economy strategy, we work with companies and partners to build an economy in which all individuals and communities participate in, benefit from, and contribute to global and local economies. This involves advising companies and stakeholders on how to better leverage good jobs, provide access to products and services, and make community-informed investments to ensure that business contributes to and benefits from an economy that works for all in an era of massive technological change, disruptive business models, and income inequality around the globe.
The Manager will support ongoing BSR programs with a focus on issues such as good jobs, the future of work, expanding economic opportunities, and living wages. The Manager will work closely with BSR directors and managers to develop and deliver consulting and grant-funded projects that provide high value to BSR members and other leading companies that are interested in improving their sustainability performance as it relates to inclusive economy issues. This position is full-time and based in New York or San Francisco. The position will focus primarily on projects in the U.S., with opportunities to support teams in other BSR offices on future of work programs as well.
- Consulting and Grants: The Manager will play a key role in designing and delivering consulting services and grant-funded projects to member and non-member companies on issues related to the inclusive economy.
- Business Development: The Manager will participate in the development of new business opportunities and grants on issues related to the inclusive economy.
- Project Implementation: The Manager will assume responsibility for designing and implementing projects with member and non-member companies, as well as projects funded by governments and foundations. The role includes budgeting and forecasting, content creation, people management, subject matter expertise, and presentation and facilitation.
- Collaborative Action: The Manager will support collaborative action initiatives in U.S. and globally, helping to drive innovative approaches to creating business and social value for participating companies on areas like good jobs and the future of work in the age of automation and digital technologies.
- Thought Leadership and External Representation: The Manager will represent BSR to external audiences by presenting at industry conferences, writing publications, forming beneficial external partnerships, and creating other opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in an international and entrepreneurial environment, working at the nexus between business and society. The candidate must be able to plan, execute, and continuously improve her/his work independently and/or in close collaboration with colleagues, as appropriate.
The candidate should possess the following:
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience gained in a company, consulting firm, civil society organization, educational institution, or foundation working on issues relevant for this role.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in one or more inclusive economy topics, including upskilling and training programs for automation, digital workforce skills, gig economy/contingent workers, living wage, setting supplier standards for job quality, and advancing job quality in direct operations.
- Knowledge of U.S. workforce development partners, foundations, and state and local stakeholders advancing economic opportunities.
- Proven and demonstrated track record of success in working with business in a client-facing position.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in both written and conversational English.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for high-level interaction with companies.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Ability to undertake business travel 20 percent of the time or more.
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as business, economics, education, human resources, or public policy, preferred.
As part of our dedication to diversity, BSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at BSR are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at https://www.bsr.org/careers.