61 Northeast 41st Street
About the Position
The Visitor Services Associate is key member of ICA Miami’s Visitor Services Team and is responsible for interacting with patrons, monitoring galleries and artwork, and providing a positive visitor experience.
· Greet patrons and provide ICA Miami approved information about ICA Miami and its exhibitions, programs, and events, as well as the Design District and Miami;
· Engage patrons and create a positive visitor experience;
· Monitor galleries and artwork;
· Provide both scheduled and unscheduled tours;
· Track admissions and collect demographic information;
· Record gift shop sales and monitor inventory;
· Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff;
· Open and Close the museum as scheduled, following established procedures; and
· Assist at ICA Miami events and programs, as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in an arts related discipline;
· Previous experience in a museum setting or equivalent;
· Excellent communication and customer service skills, both written and verbal;
· Excellent customer service, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
· Experience speaking in front of groups and leading tours preferred;
· Strong and demonstrated interest in contemporary art;
· Bilingual strongly preferred; Spanish or Creole preferred; and
· Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required.
How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICA Miami complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Minimum Education Required