191 Ryders Lane
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Senior Development Specialist (SDS) for the Eagleton Institute of Politics. This position has a dual reporting responsibility to the director of the Eagleton Institute of Politics and to the Rutgers University Foundation on Eagleton’s overall development efforts. The Senior Development Specialist develops and recommends fundraising goals, plans and strategies. The SDS also identifies, cultivates and solicits major gift prospects. Among the key duties for the position are the following:
- Collaborates with the director, faculty and senior staff to implement special fundraising campaigns and cultivation events.
- Writes grant proposals and reports and offers guidance and assistance to Eagleton faculty and staff working on fundraising for their program areas.
- Makes a defined number of qualified and unqualified contacts and cultivates relationships with potential donors.
- Uses creative strategies to move prospects from cultivation to solicitation.
- Stewards individual, corporate and foundation donors to ensure their continued engagement and giving.
- Implements gift specifications and manages donor recognition activities.
- Manages Eagleton’s prospect pool at the Foundation.
- Analyzes information and writes reports.
- Handles all aspects of donor development from cultivation and solicitation to record-keeping and gift acknowledgement.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, or related field; Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in program development, coordination, politics, or policy making.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Performs professional work that requires detailed, specialized knowledge of best practices in development, demonstrating in-depth understanding and ability to apply concepts, theories, principles, practices and terminology specific to fundraising, planned giving, volunteer management, program implementation, events execution, public relations, and marketing.
- Must be capable of quickly acquiring comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s structure, operations, strategies, and objectives.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel (to meetings with prospects and donors).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants MUST apply via the Rutgers Human Resources link listed above. Applications that are emailed or mailed directly to Eagleton cannot be accepted.