Associate Director, Weitzman Institute- Full time - Middletown
- Job posted by Community Health Center, Inc.
Community Health Center, Inc. (CHCI). CHC is one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary medical, dental and behavioral health services, and a leader in practice based research, health professionals training, and use of innovative technologies to advance health and health care.CHCI is designated as a federally qualified health center and a patient centered medical home by HRSA, the Joint Commission, and NCQA, respectively. WE deliver more than 500,000 patient visits per year from primary care hubs and community clinics across the state of Ct, all connected by technology and common standards for quality. We employ several hundred medical, dental, and behavioral health providers who are engaged in practice, teaching, and research. Our Weitzman Institute is devoted to research and practice transformation, and is recognized around the country as one of the premier research institutes focused on improving health care and health outcomes for special and vulnerable populations. In addition, the organization has developed three wholly owned subsidiaries from the original pilot developments within the Weitzman Institute, the National Nurse Practitioner Residency and Fellowship Training Consortium (NNPRFTC), the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement, and the Community eConsult Network.National Nurse Practitioner Residency and fellowship training Consortium, National Institute for the Advancement of Medical Assistants and the Community eConsult Network.
The Associate Director is responsible for providing leadership and supporting the growth and development of the Weitzman Institute (WI). WI is Community Health Center's (CHCIs) dedicated research, innovation, education arm, committed to strengthening primary care for the underserved. With offices in Middletown, CT and Denver, CO, Weitzman is rapidly expanding its reach and the depth and breadth of its work around the country and now provides support services to practices in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
The Associate Director is expected to work closely with the Director and with the staff of WI and CHCI to promote research, partnerships, and business development and to support the growth of its national programs including Project ECHO, eConsults (Community eConsult Network), and its post graduate training programs. In addition, the Associate Director will work closely with WI's academic partners to further develop opportunities for collaborative research, training, and mentoring.
- Work with WI staff and outside collaborators to expand the research program through grant support, collaboration with other academic entities, and further development of internal CHCI and WI staff.
- Work closely with project leads at WI to promote the growth and development of WI's national programs including Project ECHO, PainNET, CeCN, and its post graduate training programs.
- Lead formal research efforts focused on areas and topics in alignment with Weitzman's overall mission and strategic plan.
- Strengthen WI's ties with regional academic centers in Connecticut and Colorado including Quinnipiac University, UCONN, Yale, University of Denver, and University of Colorado to expand opportunities for graduate and post graduate research and mentoring.
- Build and strengthen WI's ties and linkages with national academic centers
- Work with the Director of WI and the Director of Education to further develop and promote WI's national education and workforce development initiatives.
- Interpret, support and execute department policies and procedures.
- Support the achievement of Weitzman goals as outlined in its Strategic Plan
- Serve as a liason to CHCI's finance and human resources departments
- Oversee Weitzman financials including salary allocations, budget, and grants
- Provide support and mentoring to CHCI staff to help in developing their research interests and capabilities.
Formal Education & Certification:
Doctoral training in health-related field
Knowledge & Experience:
Knowledge and experience in research. Strong academic track obtaining grants, serving as principal investigator, conducting research studies, publishing and presenting research findings.
Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Extremely high intergrity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing, communication and presentation skills.
- An orientation to deadlines and details.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with employees at diverse levels.
- Excellent and detailed research and analytical skills.
- Decisive and exercises good judgment under pressure.
- Ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and stressful environment.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Board of Directors
All levels of internal employees.
Community contact including government leaders.
Physical Efforts and Demands
Works primarily in a moderately sedentary environment. Physical effort generally involves occasional walking between building sites and frequent travel to all locations.
Work Schedule Demands
As a member of Senior Management, the position requires a commitment beyond a regular 8-hour work day. Early morning and/or evening hours may be required. Occasional weekend hours may also be necessary.
Confidentialty of Information
Confidentiality of business and patient information is a requirement. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC policies.
Minimum Education Required