Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development Partner, Human Resources
- Job posted by UJA-Federation of New York
130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For 100 years, we have inspired New Yorkers to act on their values and invest in their community for the biggest impact. Thanks to our network of nearly 100 beneficiary agencies, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to deliver real solutions to real problems. Through a single gift, you can care for New Yorkers of all backgrounds and for Jews everywhere; connect people to their Jewish identity, and respond to crises around the world.
The Talent Acquisition and Learning and Development Partner is responsible for ensuring our organization attracts, hires, and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline. Develop practical onboarding and learning and development solutions, and implement them in a strategic and collaborative way. This is an opportunity to add significant value by delivering innovative ideas, solutions and programs to an enterprise-wide audience.
- Partners with managers to understand their recruitment needs, and identify job skills and competencies required for open positions. Designs and implements an overall recruitment strategy for each position.
- Manages the full recruitment life cycle, which includes building applicant sources, scheduling appointments, and interviewing applicants for non-exempt and entry level exempt positions. Prepares and posts advertisements, coordinates management interviews, and conducts reference checks.
- Determines applicant requirements by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Writes job descriptions or reviews, and edits job descriptions written by others.
- Develops onboarding strategies for new employees, and creates learning webinars and workshops for employees throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with leadership and business partners to identify, design and develop learning solutions; ensure content is current, relevant, concise and inspiring.
- Manages the logistics associated with learning events-communication, registration, materials and evaluation.
- Complies with federal and state legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising supervisor on needed actions.
- Minimum of three years of recruitment or learning and development experience
- Good understanding and knowledge of human resources principles and best practices
- Knowledge of state-of-the art recruitment strategies
- A strategic, agile, passionate, high energy, creative innovator who possesses the drive to make things happen and have fun while doing it
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, with proven ability to actively listen and work effectively in a team setting
- Outstanding project management skills with the tenacity and ability to execute deliverables
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to persevere, multi task and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent negotiation and selling skills.
- Proficiency with technology: Microsoft Office suite, hands-on experience with HR databases and Applicant Tracking and candidate management systems.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s degree preferred in HR Management or Organizational Development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF