Youth Business Alliance (YBA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is innovating how high
school students prepare for college and their careers by providing a comprehensive curriculum addressing soft skills, career development, personal finance and entrepreneurship coupled with weekly guest presentations from business professionals throughout the region and hands-on field trips to corporate offices.
YBA was formed in 2012, servicing one disadvantaged school and is now in 20 schools serving roughly 500 disadvantaged high school students each year. YBA empowers students to build essential business skills for 21st century careers.
In just its first few years, YBA has experienced phenomenal growth, with over 1,500 volunteer participants from all sectors of business in Los Angeles and has received growing media attention. It has attracted prominent entrepreneurs, business professionals and philanthropists to its Board of Directors.
Annual Revenue goals: $150,000 in 2018, $500,000 by 2020
At present, revenues are generated by programming charges, individual donations, and corporate donations (restricted and general operating). Youth Business Alliance also seeks the support of foundations and is interested in other forms of revenue (e.g. partnerships).
For more information, please visit www.youthbizalliance.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will play a critical role in the growth and development of the organization. The ED will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for YBA’s staff, programs, fundraising, expansion, and execution of its mission. Given that YBA recently reached critical mass, the ED will have a large impact and focus on internal operations and logistics in building the infrastructure of the organization. The ED will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans. This role requires an individual who has the experience, personal network, creativity and energy needed to put YBA on a sharply increasing upward trajectory in terms of revenues, visibility, and participants.
Leadership & Management:
· Ensure ongoing local programming excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals
· Actively engage and energize YBA supporters, volunteers, board of directors and community board, committees, partner organizations, and funders
· Develop, maintain, and support a strong board of directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local programming and operations as well as for expansion
· Grow, lead, coach, develop, and retain YBA’s high-performance staff and volunteers
· Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
Fundraising & Communications:
· Develop YBA’s fundraising strategy and expand fundraising capabilities to meet revenue growth goals
· Expand local programming revenue generation, and corporate and foundation fundraising activities, to support existing program operations and expansion
· Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand
· Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
Planning & New Business:
· Design strategic business plan for program expansion into new markets, with targeted efforts in specific cities most appropriate for the future of YBA
· Build partnerships in new geographies, establishing relationships with the entrepreneurs, funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site
· Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication
The ED will be thoroughly committed to YBA’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching and relationship management experience. Expectations and other preferred qualifications include:
· 5+ years of substantial management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes- based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
· An extensive and deep personal network of potential funding sources – including high- net-worth individuals, corporate relationships, and (ideally) foundation relationships
· A passion for education is required
· An understanding of the landscape of education organizations is a major plus
· The ability to engage and excite an audience – large or small – as a public speaker is required, as the ED is often the public “face” of the organization
· Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
· Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
· Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
· Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
· Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to leadership
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and effectively manage diverse points of view
· Proactive, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self- directed are desired qualities
· Compensation to be commensurate with experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please E-mail your resume to: email@example.com