121 Avenue of the Americas
The Door is an unparalleled model for youth development, offering a comprehensive range of integrated services within a single site for nearly 10,000 New York City youth each year. Our mission is to empower young adults to reach their full potential by providing comprehensive youth development services in a diverse and caring environment. At The Door, youth can access health care and education, mental health counseling and crisis assistance, legal assistance, college preparation services, career development, housing supports, arts, sports and recreational activities, and nutritious meals – all for free and under one roof. By providing participants with our suite of integrated services, we seek to provide any motivated young person with the tools, resources, and opportunities needed to successfully transition to adulthood.
The Patient Accounts Associate ensures that billing and payment for services rendered is accurate and timely, and that billing opportunities are maximized within the limits of the law. The Patient Accounts Associate is an integral part of the health center team and assists with generating revenue for the health center. The incumbent should possess great interpersonal, communication, and excellent organizational skills.
- Determine eligibility for services which includes but is not limited to checking Medicaid status/eligibility utilizing ePaces.
- Review, edit and submit claims to Medicaid and Medicaid Managed Care insurances.
- Post payments received from patient visits in eClinicalWorks EHR system.
- Review accounts receivable and follow-up with Health plans to determine and resolve outstanding claims.
- Act as a liaison between the provider and EMEDNY, DOH and NYS Marketplace.
- Participate in special team projects as needed, including focused account audits, research, and follow-up.
- Identify trends and perform root-cause analyses to resolve payment discrepancies resulting from registration, coding, claim submission, utilization management, or payer errors
- Utilize EHR to perform related functions, which include but are not limited to generating patient registration, printing labels, entering and updating demographic information, verifying patient insurance, and scheduling appointments.
- Determine eligibility and assists patients in the enrollment process for Medicaid through the NYS Marketplace or Family Planning Benefit Program.
- Participates in patient-centered medical home care team collaboration, including team huddles.
- Distribute metro cards, movie passes, and/or other incentives to eligible patients.
- Perform other related tasks, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Associates Degree preferred and/or billing or coding certification preferred. High School Diploma or HSE required
- At least two years of medical billing experience required
- Demonstrated experience with electronic health records (preferably eClinicalWorks) and proficiency with Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must; ability to establish good rapport with patients and staff
- Ability to organize and manage concurrent projects, and perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable of and ability to apply positive youth development principles to working with young people
- Proficiency in Spanish, English, or French preferred
Hours: 35 hours a week, some evening hours
Minimum Education Required