20 North Upper Wacker Drive
At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key champion and trusted information resource on energy efficiency policies and programs to help our members and stakeholders identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits. As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates, and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency.
MEEA seeks an exceptional individual who believes in the promise of energy efficiency and who embodies an entrepreneurial, growth-minded spirit to be a part of the Program Team. We offer a supportive, high-performing environment where you will have a significant voice in your program’s decisions and in your own development, and a culture that recognizes, develops and values great work.
We are looking for someone to support MEEA’s Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (recipient of the 2014 & 2015 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Award, 2016 ENERGY STAR® Excellence in Promotion Award and the 2014 Illinois Governor’s Sustainability Award) program. The program associate will also take ownership of the recently secured Illinois Science and Energy Innovation Foundation (ISEIF) grant, which focuses on educating realtors on the smart grid. The Program Associate will also assist with Public Sector Outreach, building and fostering relationships with key personnel at k-12 schools. Some time will also be spent coordinating instrumentation installation and collection for MEEA’s Indoor Air Quality study, funded through the U.S. Department of Energy. The Program Associate may also support various other programs as needed, which may include, but are not limited to MEEA’s HVAC SAVE program, Code Compliance programs, Savings Through Efficient Products (STEP) and Building Operator Certification (BOC).
The Program Associate will report to the Residential Program Manager and be responsible for the day to day administration of MEEA’s programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Promote and administer the Building Science Training Series
· Execute marketing campaigns through newspaper, web and other media outlets
· Prepare quarterly and final reports for U.S. Department of Energy and program funders
· Manage relationships with Illinois Home Performance subcontractors
· Provide outreach and support to network of Illinois Home Performance participating contractors
· Collaborate with the real estate and appraisal industries, offering training, smart grid education and marketing support
· Connect with other ISEIF grantees through cohort events, check-in calls and in-person meetings
· Upload quarterly reports through ISEIF reporting portal, summarizing program activity
· Coordinate all aspects of instrumentation deployment and collection for an indoor air quality study funded through the U.S. Department of Energy
· Foster and maintain relationships with personnel at k-12 schools in ComEd service territory to encourage the participation in Public Sector program offerings
· Provide general administrative support to the program team on various initiatives
· Support MEEA’s New Program Development efforts through grant writing and research
· Write and publish blog entries and other social media posts as appropriate and compile case studies for publication
· B.A or B.S. required in the field of environmental science, architecture, political science, natural resources management or a related field
· At least one to two years related work experience in a professional environment (energy efficiency experience preferred but not required).
· Excellent organizational, writing, communication and public speaking skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while prioritizing competing responsibilities
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative while also functioning as a member of a team in an open-office environment
· Outgoing, energetic, and positive team player willing to take initiative
· Flexible and adaptable to new program needs in a shifting environment
· Ability to research and solve problems
· Prior experience in grant and/or proposal writing preferred
· Building science/HVAC training or certification (e.g. BPI, NCI) a plus but not required
· Passion for energy efficiency and commitment to environmental issues, experience in energy efficiency a plus
MEEA offers a competitive employment package with salary commensurate with experience.
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject Residential Program Associate. Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.