96-11 40th Road
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer and the Industrial Business Manager, the MWBE Finance Specialist outreach to and target services to existing M/WBE construction businesses in NYC under BOC's contract with NYC Small Business Services. The MWBE Finance Specialist will work with management, construction businesses, training and finance personnel to market the unique 3% interest NYC Contract Finance Loan Fund.. The Finance Specialist will be responsible for outreach and communications with construction contractors and subcontractors in order to inform MWBE construction contractors of available financing options, and assist businesses to prepare and submit loan applications to the not-for-profit lenders, and tracking their progress through the loan application process. The Finance Specialist will also communicate with prime contractors and CM’s to support outreach to MWBEs. It is expected that the MWBE Finance Specialist will develop and implement a comprehensive "Outreach Plan" and achieve measurable impact in the number of MWBE contractors gaining contract-based loans.
The Coordinator is expected to have a high degree of accountability and to adhere to BOC's policies and procedures in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Conduct outreach to construction contractors for targeted loans to eligible M/WBE’s with New York City contracts/opportunities.
•• Support communications with NYC Small Business Services, lenders, Economic Development Corporation, CM’s, prime contractors and other stakeholders as part of outreach and project coordination.
• Collect and analyze client data
• Coordinate due diligence of contractors including evaluation of both financial and operational factors. This could include site visits, visits to work sites, contact with suppliers, verifying references, reviewing and analyzing financial documents such as tax returns, work in process schedules, profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, personal financial statements as well as any other documentation or proof of operations.
• Collect information and write client business profiles and success stories as needed.
• Assist participant business owners to develop and/or update their business Statement of Qualifications.
• Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual reports to senior management.
• Manage client data using BOC databases, data analysis and outcome tracking.
• Maintain office systems and statistical, narrative and completion of program reports on a timely basis.
• Actively participate in regular BOC meetings, trainings and events.
• Travel within the metropolitan area is required, and attendance at evening workshops/training at a minimum 1X/week (usually on Thursdays).
• Maintain files and database systems. Conduct data analysis, outcome tracking and regular reporting, including high quality statistical, narrative program reports.
· An undergraduate degree in a business, engineering or construction-related field. Experience may be substituted for education.
· Construction project management experience with government-owned or large institutional projects a plus.
· Possess the skillsets required to successfully manage a project to completion.
· Understand business operations and have excellent communication skills.
· Possess business coaching skills applicable to M/WBE and small construction contractor needs.
· Possess strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to self-manage to follow protocols for scheduled tasks.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Ability to travel to client sites and construction worksites through the NYC Metropolitan Area.
· Capable of managing multiple tasks with tight time deadlines.
· Must have good written and oral communication skills.
· Problem solving and decision making skills are essential.
· Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint required.
· Nonprofit experience a plus.
Minimum Education Required