The Creative Ladder, a recently launched national 501(c)(3) nonprofit, is seeking its first Development Director. This full-time fundraising leadership position is fully remote, and the salary range is $75,000-$85,000.
About The Creative Ladder:
Founded in 2022, The Creative Ladder is dedicated to making creative careers more accessible, especially for rising professionals from underrepresented communities and low-income backgrounds. The nonprofit offers student outreach, mentorship connections and leadership training and networking events for those beginning their careers in fields including advertising, marketing, design and commercial production.
The Development Director reports directly to the CEO of The Creative Ladder and oversees all fundraising and donor-management initiatives. Frequent tasks include corporate relationship management, event planning, donor database oversight, advance strategic planning, monitoring long-term goals and creating innovative, sustainable revenue streams.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive in a growing, startup environment rich in opportunity for proactive, creative thinking
- Develop and execute clear short-term and long-range fundraising plans specifically focused on creative industries such as brand marketing and advertising.
- Have a strong understanding of the marketing, advertising, design and commercial production industries.
- Have direct experience with large corporate donations and managing the relationships associated with corporate giving.
- Be experienced in grassroots fundraising and managing multiple parallel appeals.
- Be passionate about uplifting talent of color, the LGBTQ+ community, immigrants and the children of immigrants, and other groups that have traditionally faced bias and unfair practices in the workplace.
- Take pride in building results-driven structures and processes that ensure fundraising strategies are consistently growing and improving.
- Be comfortable working in Bloomerang or similar donor management platforms.
- Work closely with the CEO to identify and cultivate donors for annual or major gifts.
- Minimum 5 years of professional nonprofit fundraising experience
- Fundraising experience with a range of funding sources, primarily in grassroots fundraising and corporate giving
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with donor management platforms (The Creative Ladder uses Bloomerang) and database management
- Significant computer proficiency including Macs and PCs
- Extensive experience with spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experienced with working and managing projects remotely
- Famiiarity with website / CMS management preferred
- Knowledge of the lived realities of employment/workplace challenges faced by underrepresented groups—such as people of color, LGBTQ+ and immigrant families—preferred
- 401(k) with match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday, with exceptions for occasional weekend events