45 Wadsworth Avenue
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC) is a community-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 1979 that has grown into a leading multi-service agency with over 120 staff serving New York City with a focus on upper Manhattan and the Bronx. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for positive change in the lives of the people in our community on their paths to secure and prosperous futures. Integration is the cornerstone of NMIC’s programs, and our staff can identify and address a broad array of immediate needs through comprehensive crisis intervention services. With their crises resolved, clients move seamlessly to capacity building services through our holistic programs designed to transition individuals and families to self sufficiency.
Our Legal Services, Social Services, and Weatherization programs meet community members’ basic needs including housing, income, nutrition and health.
Our Community Organizing program empowers groups of residents to collectively secure longer term and larger scale improvements to their own basic needs.
Our Education & Career Services program imparts individual community members with the practical tools necessary to build secure and prosperous futures.
Job Title: Follow-Up Specialist
Department: Education & Career Services
Reports To: OSY Program Manager
Location: Main Office: 45 Wadsworth Avenue, NY, NY 10033
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a part-time position in the Out of School Youth (OSY) program, a vocational skills training program for young adults (17-24). This position reports to the OSY program manager and works closely with the OSY case management team. The Follow-up Specialist is responsible for engagement and retention of participants during and after core services and will require a non-traditional work schedule that consists of morning, afternoon and weekend shifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage follow-up services to program alumni in NMIC’s OSY program for young adults between the ages of 17-24
- Maintain regular contact with program graduates to connect and schedule them with follow-up services by making phone calls, reaching out on social media, emailing or performing home visits
- Collect and process outcomes documentation such as pay stubs, letters of employment, educational placements, etc.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of follow-up activities or events with program graduates
- Regularly maintain and update program graduate case notes in internal and external databases
- Enter employment and/or educational outcomes information into online system with complete accuracy.
- Process incentive requests for program graduates.
- Submit weekly outcomes report to OSY program manager and senior department staff.
Additional related responsibilities may be assigned.
- AA and a minimum of one year of experience (equivalent experience will be considered in place of educational requirements
- Experience working with young adults (17-24) strongly preferred
- Superb attention to detail and work accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
NMIC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
NMIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively encourages candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply for employment. Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered unless specifically stated otherwise.
NMIC offers a competitive salary based on experience and education as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; paid time off including 20 vacation days, 15 sick days, 5 personal days, and 12 agency holidays; a 401k with agency contribution; and other benefits.
Minimum Education Required