- Collaborates with the Executive Director, staff and Board of Directors to define the organization’s fundraising direction as well as meet overall annual and individual revenue goals.
- Designs and implements annual fundraising plan that incorporates programs which align with the organization’s mission, vision, core values, and overall strategic plan.
- Assures adherence to measurable performance metrics, monitors results and regularly briefs the Executive Director on the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development strategies.
- Leads development of an innovative, balanced funding mix of donor sources and awareness, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Achieves proper planning including annual goal setting (overall and specific targets on fundraising ladder), strategy and tactics identification benchmarking and evaluation of fundraising efforts.
- Ensures sound fiscal operation of fundraising function, including timely, accurate and comprehensive development of donations to revenue and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring, variance analysis and implementation.
- Prepares accurate and timely summary of initiative revenues, expenses and net revenue.
- Manages personal portfolio of donors/prospects – soliciting contributions across giving spectrum and providing exceptional stewardship.
- Oversees the research, cultivation, stewardship of all other Major Gift donors. Includes oversight of all portfolios.
- Ensures design and maintenance of donor, volunteer and prospect records, gift management systems and informational reports.
- Oversees prospect research and reports results to Executive Director on a regular basis, including related action plans.
- Professionally and appropriately represents the organization and Executive Director to the community, donors, prospects, regulators, Board and all other internal and external parties.
- Responsible for development, maintenance and compliance with the organization’s fundraising development policies and procedures: compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as required.
- Represents the mission and values of CPN at all times.
- Works closely with executive leadership to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Coordinates service-based funding logistics with Medicare and Medicaid.
- Participates as an effective team member and contributes to the sustainable development and achievement of their fellow team members, facility operations, and organizational goals and objectives.
- Perform Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates with the grant writing consultants to ensure the identification and development of grant submissions to foundations, corporations, governmental agencies and other potential funders, as appropriate.
- Manages internal tracking systems to include foundation and government fund guidelines, timelines and other information to help meet submission and reporting requirements.
- Ensures all grant reporting is completely in an accurate and timely manner.
Marketing and Communications
- Works collaboratively to create an annual communication’s plan to include social media, tour packets, annual reports, newsletters, brochures, and other marketing materials/collateral.
- Regularly analyzes the effectiveness of marketing and communication activities.
- Coordinates and participates in clinic site visits with donors and grant entities (foundations,corporations and government) to include planning meetings, tours and program specific activity.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients.
- Actively promote CPN in the community and drive philanthropy efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
- CFRE Preferred.
- Five to seven years direct experience in fundraising to include work in grants, annual fundraising, and management or equivalent experience considered (sales, public relations, and customer services, etc.).
- Experience working with CRM Software.
- Must demonstrate exceptional donor-centered relationship skills/abilities and a deep understanding of nonprofit business.
- Previous experience in healthcare fundraising preferred.
- Ability to work independently with excellent follow-up.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Good communications and people skills with a demonstrated ability to work with boards, donors, employees and community at large.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently that involves organizing and prioritizing work assignments.
Physical & Mental Demands and Working Conditions: Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of time.
- Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers and patients/clients in person and over the telephone to answer questions and provide assistance.
- Must be able to articulate concepts and ideas in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Must have the ability to assess problems and provide solutions and use good judgment.
- Occasionally will need to reach with hands and arms, lift up to 25 pounds, climb/balance, stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl and push/pull file cabinet drawers.
- Must be able to identify and assess information on computer screens and written reports and documentation and record accurate written and electronic messages and reports.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters or symbols and eye/hand coordination.
- Position requires occasional (20%) travel within the local area, traveling to office and business locations to conduct business transactions. This involves exposure to weather conditions, traveling distances to and from buildings, and operating a vehicle.
- Ability to Comply to the Company Drug and Alcohol Policy as a requirement of a position that could adversely affect the safety of others.