Executive Assistant- Culture and Art Program. New York. Posting Date: 12/23/2019. Deadline: 01/20/2020
Do you want to c ontribute to making the world a better place with your expertise in high-level administration? We're seeking an Executive Assistant based in New York to primarily support the work of the Director of the Culture and Art program. The Executive Assistant will also provide some support to the Deputy and Curatorial Director of Culture and Art.
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world's largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
The Culture and Art program seeks to advance diverse artistic practices and strengthen locally-led cultural spaces, addressing the aesthetic, political, and capacity needs of arts leaders, individual artists, and cultural activists.
Culture and Art was created in 2019, incorporating the work of the Open Society's former Arts Exchange and Documentary Photography Project programs, including the Soros Arts Fellowship and the Moving Walls Fellowship . The Culture and Art program seeks to advance diverse artistic practices and strengthen locally-led cultural spaces around the world, addressing the aesthetic, political, and capacity needs of arts leaders, individual artists, and cultural activists. It also serves to connect, convene, and sustain a global network of locally-led cultural organizations and initiatives working at the intersection of culture, art, and social change.
As the Executive Assistant to the Director, Culture and Art, you will:
- Manage complex calendars, coordinate meetings, and ensure that schedules are handled in an efficient manner
- Coordinate logistical travel arrangements including: obtaining visas, scheduling flights and transfers, preparing travel documents
- Attend meetings, conferences and other events; draft reports, summaries and minutes as requested
- Perform high level administrative functions, including but not limited to drafting and processing correspondence, creating and updating filing system, scanning, copying, placing and screening calls and directing messages to other staff as necessary
- Make administrative, procedural decisions and judgments and handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality
- Provide support for administrative tasks related to grant making, public programming, and exhibition functions
- Reconcile complex monthly expenses and expense reports
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of three years' complex administrative and/or executive assistant experience, with an emphasis on heavy scheduling
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks at once, frequently with little notice and with a high degree of autonomy and self-motivation
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people with diverse backgrounds throughout a complex organization
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
- Professional or personal experience with international and cross-cultural contexts
What we offer:
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts.
- Top-notch benefits and perksdesigned for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more .
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
See what a day in the life at Open Society is like .
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and a resume; we look forward to learning more about you.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We aim to build an inclusive workforce that is reflective of the populations we support, and actively seek applications from those who are marginalized and underrepresented. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and colleagues with disabilities.