1014 Torney Avenue
Tides is a foundation and nonprofit partner committed to building a world of social justice and shared prosperity. Founded in 1976, Tides’ works at the cutting edge of today’s biggest challenges, with a focus on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals, families, and communities; and education. Tides’ services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
- You are passionate about and have demonstrated experience in – client services and the nonprofit sector
- You understand the impact non-profits can have in making positive social change and you are energized by partnering with innovative organizations to accelerate impact.
- You are enthusiastic about organizational and operational excellence in accelerating social change
- You thrive in an action-oriented, agile work environment
- You are comfortable working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams and you are able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- You have the ability to cultivate working relationships and provide internal leadership to unlock resources and increase success for social venture partners
- You can work cross-departmentally to provide excellent service to your clients
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
- Deliver high quality service and counsel to an assigned portfolio of social venture partners as part of a matrix team with the Finance and HR Departments to support clients’ financial solvency, organizational effectiveness and capacity.
- Assess risk factors around insurance, advocacy and all client activities and act to mitigate risks wherever possible, in conjunction with the Tides Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team.
- As primary point of contact, develop a strategy for creative engagement and exceptional service delivery that anticipates and resolve areas of concern raised by partner or internal stakeholders.
- Cultivate a level of expertise to accelerate nonprofit organizations in areas such as governance, fundraising or organizational development.
- Oversee contract and grant management for assigned portfolio to mitigate risk and ensure funder compliance.
- In partnership with Human Resources, provide guidance to social venture partners on related HR issues.
- Analyze fundraising and strategic plans and coordinate service delivery accordingly.
- Support Director of Social Ventures in the development and implementation of program evaluation and tracking systems to measure and report on client impact.
- Research, propose, and present Tides’ expertise on a regular basis at conferences, gatherings, professional associations and other external events to help lead the philanthropic and social venture fields.
- Harness the power of Tides Network by coordinating cross departmentally to convene our social venture partners both locally and regionally.
- Develop and maintain broad external relations with social venture partners; ensure strategies and capabilities of new clients are aligned with Tides’ objectives.
- A strong understanding of nonprofit organizational development and alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach.
- Ability to work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Deep knowledge in fields of social innovation and social justice, including scaling of nonprofit organizations, grantmaking, multi-stakeholder collaborative partnerships, and/or impact and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
- Demonstrated skills to reviewing and interpreting contracts, analyze market trends, model potential solutions, interpret market research, and review technical data.
- Strong project management skills, high attention to details and solid experience in working across entities and networks undertaking significant, complex planning efforts.
- A strong work ethic, team motivation and sense of humor.
- B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management, client-focused consulting or business administration.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Prior fiscal sponsorship experience a plus
Get to know the team:
Tides Client Services Department interacts directly with Tides’ Social Venture partners (nonprofit organizations) to provide strategic, consultative, and collaborative services to drive high impact, leverage philanthropy and scale promising social change organizations, ideas and movements. This team helps drive Tides’ success by being a high functioning relationship management group that thrives on coming up with innovative solutions to support our clients and their work.
What’s in it for you:
Tides offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Tides contributes to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSA). Tides matches employee contributions to a retirement plan and the employer match is 100% vested immediately. Tides also covers Basic life insurance, Basic AD&D & LTD for all eligible employees at no cost.
All employees start with 3 weeks of vacation and receive 12 paid holidays. Employees also receive 2 additional optional holidays per year in observance of other holidays and a birthday holiday. We offer competitive nonprofit salaries.
We have flexible work arrangements to make you comfortable including outdoor patio work areas, comfy work/lounge space, standing desk options, cubicles and open or private work spaces.
Why work for Tides?
- We have incredible clients and partners both domestically and internationally who are working towards a world of shared prosperity and social justice.
- We are serious about promoting sustainable commute options, including a free shuttle to and from downtown San Francisco and award-winning bicycle infrastructure, including secure bike parking, locker rooms, and bike share program.
- Tides was a pioneer in collaborative workspaces for nonprofits and we share our offices, located in a renovated military hospital, with 75 other nonprofits and social enterprises, creating a vibrant community of mission-aligned changemakers that get together regularly for happy hours, educational sessions, and holiday celebrations.
- Tides’ San Francisco offices are located in a National Park with views of the Golden Gate Bridge. The National Park, called the Presidio, is an outdoor recreation hub with miles of forested trails, outdoor art installations (including by the famed Andy Goldsworthy), and scenic overlooks perfect for strolling, exercising, or taking meetings outside.
- Tides has a robust staff engagement program, including regular cultural celebrations like a Chinese New Year pig roast and Black History Month film outings.
- Tides has a bi-coastal presence, with an office right across the street from the New York Stock Exchange building.
- The work is awesome, the people are awesome and we think there’s no better place to make an impact
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=thetides&jobId=220371&lang=en_US&source=CC3