Details: Commensurate with experience
1504 Bryant St
Position Available: Marketing Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Director, HandsOn Bay Area is seeking a creative Marketing Manager to share our exciting story and grow our brand.
● Manage HandsOn Bay Area’s website edits and content while advancing the site’s usability and search engine optimization
● Produce high-quality photography for HandsOn Bay Area’s events and programs.
● Create high-quality branded video projects that highlight HandsOn Bay Area events and programs
● Manage the entirety of HandsOn Bay Area’s social media content while utilizing best-practices and
speaking from a consistent, branded voice
● Create and manage e-mail communications to various HandsOn Bay Area audiences
● Collaborate with departments to create printed and digital content that highlights HandsOn Bay Area news and programs
● Support Development team with donor messaging and content
● Manage and improve upon HandsOn Bay Area’s Google Analytics and AdWords accounts
Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff:
● Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values and mission
● Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community
● Support the fundraising efforts of the organization
● Act as leaders at HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects on occasion
● 1-3 years of experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere)
● 1-3 years experience with DSLR photography
● 1-3 years experience with video creation and editing
● 1-3 years experience in creating engaging social media content
● Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords management - a plus
● Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Slides, Photos)
● Interest or experience in nonprofit work and belief in the value of volunteering
● Experience and ability to work independently and as a team
● Excellent communication skills
● Public speaking experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Creative Arts, or other related fields
Important Dates & Information:
● Application Due Date: 5 pm, March 23rd, 2018.
● Phone Interviews: Ongoing through March 23th.
● In-Person Interviews: March 26th-30th.
● Start Date: April 10th.
● HandsOn is contractually obligated to run background checks on our employees, and we strongly believe in protecting the vulnerable populations with which we work. Don't automatically exclude yourself from applying. We take a whole view of a person's past into consideration, because we know that you are a lot more than your permanent record
Includes a great benefits package (health/vision/dental insurance, vacation/sabbaticals, community service time off, and 401k plan).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email all required documents shown below to email@example.com by March 23rd, 2018.
● Include the following in the email subject line: Marketing Manager - [insert your last name here].
● Documents to include in application: All files should be submitted as PDF documents or HTML links when applicable
1. Cover letter (PDF)
2. Resume (PDF)
3. A one-page (or shorter) writing sample created for a marketing campaign you have worked on. Please also describe your role in the vision, creation, and production of the campaign. (PDF)
4. Link to an album showing your original photography (HTML Link)
5. 1-2 examples of your graphic design work for print or social media (PDF)
6. Link to a video project you have worked on (HTML Link)