889 Harrison Avenue
OPERATIONS/FACILITIES ASSISTANT- Custodian/Groundskeeper
Rosie’s Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
· Daily cleaning responsibilities include mopping, vacuuming, buffing floors (using heavy machinery), window and glass cleaning and other heavy and light cleaning of the dining room, bathroom, offices, staff and common areas.
· Pickup trash and debris on Rosie’s Place property and walkways.
· Maintain outdoor property – landscaping, mulch, pruning, etc.
· Assist with deliveries and donations, including receiving, moving and storage of materials and supplies. These deliveries are often over 50lbs and are at least daily and often many times in a shift.
· Operations representative in emergency situations to clean bathrooms or do handyman activities.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Professional cleaning or maintenance experience a plus
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities
- Be physically able to lift (up to 70lbs), reach, bend and stoop
- Excellent organizational and cleanliness skills
- Ability to work independently, problem-solve and prioritize responsibilities
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license and safe driving record
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Job is performed in a variety of settings, including office, commercial kitchen and outdoors. Day to day work includes lifting, stocking and cleaning as well as interaction with staff, guests, and volunteers. Individuals must be physically able to safely lift 70lbs, reach, bend and stoop, as well as use cleaning products and equipment.
HOURS: Mon & Tues 12-8pm
Wed – Fri 10-6pm
REPORTS TO Operation/Facilities Manager
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, 403(b), (11) Holidays, (15) vacation days and (12) sick days in the first year. Followed by pension, short-term, long-term,life insurance after one year of employment.
Minimum Education Required