111 Sunken Garden Loop
About HELP USA
HELP USA is one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, veterans, and survivors of domestic violence. With an annual operating budget in excess of $100 million, HELP USA currently serves 25,000 people per year in 52 programs and residences across five states and is continuing to grow. HELP provides 3,500 units of permanent and transitional housing as part of its 30-year commitment to families and individuals in need of safe, stable homes.
HELP USA is looking for an Executive Director to lead a 200+ men’s homeless shelter on Wards Island. Reporting to the Vice President of Single Adult Services, the Executive Director will oversee a staff of about 65 through six direct reports who are responsible for social services, facilities maintenance, security, and business management. He/she will be responsible for the overall development and management of all program operations, including direct oversight of existing programs, ongoing assessment of program needs, and identification of potential funding streams to enhance program services. Additionally, the Executive Director will serve as a liaison with other service providers and community leaders to ensure the integration of the facility as a community-based agency.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that housing placement targets set by DHS are met, revising program activities as necessary.
- Ensuring facility compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal requirements as well as HELP operating policies and procedures.
- Recruiting, orienting, managing, and evaluating all program staff and providing appropriate training and supervision to ensure that all clients remain healthy and safe and are provided with quality services at all times.
- Developing and nurturing an environment that fosters staff satisfaction and retention.
- Ensuring complete and timely documentation of all case files using CARES system.
- Ensuring that the facility is maintained in a safe, clean, and sanitary manner at all times.
- Preparing the facility budget on a timely basis and ensuring that all purchases of goods and services are within the established budget and are processed on time and in accordance with HELP policies.
- Engaging in community outreach to secure service linkages, in-kind donations, and other community resources for residents.
- Master’s Degree required – social work or related field
- Experience working in DHS-regulated homeless shelters required.
- Minimum of 5 year’s management experience, including proven supervisory, staff development, program management, and budgetary skills.
- Availability for “on call” emergencies outside of regular business hours.
- Computer literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with CARES strongly preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required