475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Case Manager – Community House
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Social Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Non-Exempt Salaried
The Case Manager promotes client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, and service facilitation. We are looking for an experienced Case Manager, preferably bi-lingual (Spanish/English). The candidate would specifically work with the residents of Community House, and must have a strong background working with DHMH and HUD funded programs. Community House serves formerly homeless adults in a permanent supportive housing setting. The candidate should also have experience working in fast paced case management role, and be familiar with the Recovery Model. Preferably no less than 2 years case management experience with the severely mentally ill population.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Carry caseload (total # to be determined).
- Represent Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and uphold agency Code of Conduct, at all times.
- Link clients with appropriate providers and resources throughout the continuum of health and human services and care settings based on the needs and values of the client. Escort clients to scheduled and unscheduled psychiatric/medical care.
- Ensure that clients receive safe, effective, client-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable care. Maintain a non-judgmental, unbiased approach.
- Organize, facilitate, and escort as needed for on/off-site activities in addition to managing a minimum of two ongoing groups. Track client participation in the client record.
- Conduct unit inspections and ensure proper follow-up to findings, assisting clients as needed.
- Maintain client records as “audit-ready” at all times, as required by program funding sources. This includes, but is not limited to, recording progress notes, constructing service plans, updating medical and mental health information, and completing psychosocial assessments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 2 years in human services or HS Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years in human services
- Working knowledge of issues related to homelessness, HIV, substance abuse, mental illness, and entitlements
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good spoken and written expression.
- Good time management skills, able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
- Flexible, able to work some holidays and weekends.
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships with clients and positive working relationships within LSSNY and with external agencies.
- Proficient in internet navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
- Crisis intervention skills.
- Willing to participate in continuing education.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Fitzroy Sobers, with "Case Manager" in the subject line.
Fitzroy Sobers, Supervisor of Social Services
[with "Case Manager" in the subject line]
~~LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer~~