5 West 63rd Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking an exceptional individual who will work closely with and report directly to the EVP/CFO/Treasurer. Major responsibilities include supervising the Administrative Assistant, Front Desk Receptionist and Mailroom Attendant. The Executive Office Manager will ensure the professional conduct of the office of the EVP/CFO/Treasurer (OEVP) and is responsible for the management of large volumes of confidential and sensitive information.
- Responsible for the hiring, training and supervision of all members of the OEVP.
- Maintain adequate supplies for the OEVP operations.
- Responsible for the production of correspondence and presentations.
- Design and implement filing systems and ensure filing systems are current and maintained secure.
- Assist EVP in maintaining the most up to date information possible.
- Maintain electronic list of all business contacts in EVP Outlook System.
- Ensure proper meeting space is booked well in advance of each meeting hosted by EVP, and confirm attendance.
- Coordinate catering for all meetings.
- Work closely with EVP to develop exhibits, displays and presentations.
- Oversee the development of a committee book “mock-up” and receive EVP sign-off for production.
- Manage actual book publication and distribution (both paper and electronic versions) utilizing the board portal, “Board Effects”, as much as possible.
- Produce draft agendas using committee chart of work.
- Assist in CLT meeting workbook publication and distribution.
- Manage Front Desk and Mailroom Operations if we are adding this
- Implement office procedures and practices, and prepare manuals describing procedures and practices.
- Process vouchers for the EVP/CFO/Treasurer and business expense reports.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current.
- Maintain the open and closed claims reports current.
- Maintain and replenish inventory of kitchen and office supplies, copier toner cartridges, and copy paper.
- Administer the Office Depot Account and the Iron Mountain offsite records storage account for the Association.
- Find inefficiencies and cost-savings as part of your day-to-day job.
- Administer Pitney Bowes and Neopost postage machine accounts for the Association.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of ten years of administrative and supervisory experience required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Notary Public Certification.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Executive Office Manager - Finance” to email@example.com or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Human Resources – 6th Floor
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.