HARLEM DOWLING is seeking a qualified professional for their Queens location.
Under the broad supervision of the Program Supervisor of the Westside Center Preventive Services Program, this position is responsible for the direct supervision and monitoring of children and families who are deemed to be at risk of foster care placement. The scope of these responsibilities includes, but is not limited to individual and group counseling, home visits, school visits, monitoring of medical and educational services.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include carrying out a variety of casework activities within the child welfare system in Washington Heights and surrounding communities. Provides supportive services to children and families and written documentation as required. Specific duties includes but is not limited to:
- Minimum of two face to face contacts per month for each family and child receiving preventive services. At least one of the two monthly contacts must be in the home of the family receiving services.
- Monitor children in their home and conduct a safety assessment
- Monitor children in their school placement and educational performance.
- Monitor children and their medical needs including compliance with periodic physicals and immunizations
- Assess and refer families to supportive and concrete services, i.e. mental health, substance abuse, housing, financial assistance, legal, etc.
- Work with ACS and other community service providers to ensure that families are connected to timely and appropriate services. Follow up to ensure that services are being provided as referred and needed by children and families.
- Complete all required paperwork, i.e. Progress Notes, Uniform Case Record, school reports, psychosocials and other reporting requirements and documents as needed.
- Conduct groups as needed, including parenting skills, youth and adolescent groups
- Attend court hearings and meetings with ACS as needed
- Attend in service training.
- Attend meetings and conferences at other agencies on behalf of clients as assigned and as appropriate.
- Assist the Program Supervisor with special projects assigned.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field. Prior experience in child welfare or other social services, including day care, youth services or other related programs that involves direct work and contact with children and families. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Must be computer literate.
Bachelors or better in Social Work or related field.
Apply online through the Children's Village website. www.childrensvillage.org. EOE/AA
Minimum Education Required