WOAR, Philadelphia's rape crisis center is looking for a Counselor.
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing high quality counseling services to adult and child clients who have experienced sexual violence.
- Develop and implement treatment for an average ongoing caseload of 30 individual clients.
- Facilitate support groups.
- Conduct client intake assessments, on average 2 weekly.
- Provide training on sexual assault and treatment issues as assigned to volunteers, staff, community and professional groups.
- On-call back-up for weekend hotline coverage as needed.
- It is required for this position to work 3 weekday evenings a week.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work required, License Preferred.
- 2 years post-graduate trauma-focused and mental health clinical experience required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in listening skills, ability to convey warmth, empathy, and a non-judgmental attitude are essential.
- Familiarity and proficiency with assessment and diagnosis.
- Familiarity and proficiency with case conceptualization, planning and implementing empirically supported treatments.
- The ability and experience to work with diverse populations.
- Familiarity with multiple therapeutic techniques including, but not limited to, crisis counseling, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and play therapy. Training in TF-CBT, PE, CPT, or EMDR preferred.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; experience with clinical documentation procedures and systems.
- Bi-lingual competency preferred.
- Successful criminal background, child abuse, and FBI clearances.
**People of color are encouraged to apply **
WOAR is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.