The Partnership Advancement and Communications Manager works with the CEO to further strategic priorities of the organization, positioning the network and local education foundations as leaders in education through strategic partnerships and communications with a focus on increasing awareness of and support for the organization and its members through expanded and deepened stakeholder relationships.
- Conduct regular environmental scans to determine changing landscape for the work of the Consortium and member foundations, including emerging K-12 education trends, issues and opportunities.
- Explore new partnership opportunities and support CEO in managing existing key relationships, acting as primary point of contact in vetting partnership opportunities.
- In consultation with CEO and lobbyists, execute annual legislative advocacy strategy in support of School District Education Foundation Matching Grant Program.
- Develop and execute strategic statewide cross-promotion and marketing efforts in support of License for Learning program including securing in-kind advertising exposure.
- Protect and advance the organization’s brand, ensuring adherence to brand standards and messaging toolkit for organization in all external communications.
- Capture stories of impact in innovating learning, powering student and teacher potential and celebrating success to elevate the image of both the statewide organization and member local education foundations.
- Develop case statements and write grant proposals under direction of the CEO, with input from Director of Member Development and support from Operations, Events and Grants Coordinator.
- Seek opportunities to connect content to the larger world of education, timely events and learning innovation.
- Develop and execute social media strategy in alignment with organization’s strategic priorities and elevate stories of local education foundation impact.
- Actively seek opportunities to capture and share stories of impact visually through short videos, including highlighting programs and partner testimonials.
- Manage external website as needed with focus on keeping content fresh and search engine optimization.
- Draft press releases, reports, scripts, presentations, other collateral and training materials with direction from the CEO.
- Plan and monitor exposure for Partner Programs through various communication channels. Develop social media toolkits for members, monitoring and capturing as they are implemented.
- In consultation with CEO, prepare monthly e-newsletters and other messaging to external audiences ensuring brand consistency in external narrative and maintaining communications calendar.
Key Competencies & Qualifications:
- 5 years relevant work experience in non-profit, communications, education or other relevant organizations with bachelor’s degree in appropriate field.
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
- Demonstrated communications, marketing, public relations and customer service skills.
- Preference for working in a dynamic environment as a key part of a small team, engaging with colleagues, partners and Board of Directors to expand opportunities for the organization and its members.
- Proficiency in website management, CRM, social media tools and Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail with a positive, problem-solving approach to work.
- Highly organized, self-starter, detail-oriented, strong “team player” and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously from conception to completion.
- Optimally, experience in an education setting, ideally in Florida, and including engagement with state level leaders.
- Must have ability to travel overnight 6 – 12 times a year and work a flexible schedule that may include nights/weekends with advance notice. Ability to lift and carry 15 pounds and drive own vehicle (with mileage reimbursement at current IRS rate) are key requirements.