CAMBA Kids Unlimited serves 200 elementary school children in grades K-5 at PS 92 in Flatbush/Lefferts Garden, Brooklyn. This program is funded by Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD). Program services are offered 5 days a week and include supper and socialization, homework help, academic enrichment activities, recreation, conflict resolution, and clubs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The person filling this position is expected, under close supervision, to interact with participants, their families, the community-at-large, and school administrative personnel to monitor attendance and participation in program activities; including the following:
- Ensure the safety and security of each program participant by following all CAMBA after-school protocols and procedures including but not limited to procedures and protocols regarding safety, supervision, accident and incident reporting.
- Manage the after-school office daily during after-school program hours.
- Monitor, collect, and compile daily and monthly attendance records of targeted participants.
- Input all client attendance data into database(s) on a daily basis.
- Keep accurate records on absenteeism and success resulting from counseling and referrals
- Follow up and report to participants' parent(s) attendance via telephone calls, mailings on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Order, receive, and maintain office supplies.
- Maintain participant's files.
- Lead various program activities (i.e., conflict resolution, community circle, creative arts, recreation, academic enrichment, etc.) as coverage for Youth Facilitator Is (Group Leaders), as needed.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and/or equivalent experience.
- Must obtain Dept. of Health, Dept. of Education fingerprint clearance; doctor's note certifying good health; proof of negative results from TB test; Staff Exclusion List (SEL) clearance and State Central Registry (SCR) clearance.
- Ability to maintain State Central Registry (SCR) clearance and fingerprint clearance throughout the duration of employment.
- Ability to adapt to the culture and environment of a public school
- After school programs operate Monday thru Friday for 3 hours directly after day school dismissal, 13 Holidays and in the summer.
- May be required to work Holiday Program Days (Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Spring Recess days, Chancellor's Day).
- Hours: M-F, 12:00-6:00pm
- Some supervisory experience is a plus*
Minimum Education Required