TSNE (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Assistant Properties Manager – Cambridge is responsible for managing all operations and programming for the LINK Kendall and Bishop Allen Drive in partnership with the Properties Manager. The Assistant Properties Manager maintains efforts to ensure a safe, sound, and well maintained facilities operating to their maximum efficiency.Access Control
- Provide excellent service by greeting guests and tenants entering the LINK Kendall;
- Maintain guest lists for larger trainings and events held in the conference spaces;
- Coordinate vendor access;
- Provide tours of the space for prospective clients as scheduled.
Conference Facilities Management
- Maintain conference room schedule and handle all reservations for tenants, answering all questions, and approving requested dates and times at the Link and NonProfit Center;
- Respond to and book room requests from outside groups, including TSNE's Fiscally Sponsored organizations;
- Oversee room set ups as requested for each event, as well as transitions of the rooms from one event to the next;
- Ensure that requested equipment is set up and that all equipment is in good working order;
- Schedule tours of the conference rooms;
- Promote events, as needed;
- Ensure sufficient staffing for events within the space;
- Liaise with vendors during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order;
- Coordinate with accounting team on invoicing and payments.
- Works closely with the Properties Manager on administrative and reporting tasks as assigned;
- Tracks and reports metrics such as usage, income figures, budget, etc. for the Cambridge properties;
- Prepares reports for the Properties Manager as necessary;
- Take direction from the Properties Manager regarding leads and Salesforce needs, as appropriate.
- Ensures that all equipment within the common areas and meeting rooms are in good working order at the Link and Bishop Allen Drive;
- Communicates any Property Management needs to the Properties Management, as needed;
- Oversees all Cambridge properties work order systems, making sure issues are addressed in accordance with our Response Time Matrix;
- Contacts and manages vendors for service as needed for repairs beyond our ability to complete in house;
- Proactively pursues any possible improvements to the operations of the Link and Bishop Allen Drive;
- Maintains contracts for in-house goods and services, etc. for all Cambridge properties.
Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Participate in quarterly tenant meetings at the Cambridge Properties to communicate and discuss building related issues and gain feedback from tenants; plan for and follow up as needed
- Be the first point of contact with the LINK Advisory Board, including Boston Properties;
- Maintain strong relationships with our Cambridge Partners, including Boston Properties, the CIC, and the Cambridge Redevelopment Authority;
- Maintain and foster strong relationships with our clients at all Cambridge Properties;
- Communicate to our clients as appropriate with updates, concerns, etc.
Complete other tasks and projects related to the job, as needed.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- A minimum of two years related experience including property management and program and events management;
- Excellent analytical skill; Ability to apply principles, concepts, and practices concerning property facilities, utility systems, buildings, equipment and grounds;
- Knowledge of buildings and equipment with ability to foresee problems, implement solutions and complete ordinary repairs in a timely manner;
- Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations related to facilities and building system operations;
- Able to assist proactively in identifying deficiencies, determining solutions and making recommendations for improvement;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Experience with Salesforce a plus;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; Able to prioritize requests;
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on providing high quality customer service while interacting with building tenants and visitors to the Center.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Reach; traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); occasionally ascend/descend; and position self (to) move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be primarily performed at our Kendall Square office (255 Main St, FL 8, Cambridge, MA 02139).
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $55,000.00 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff;
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim;
- Low-cost Guardian Dental and Vision;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care;
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance;
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA;
- ...and more!
TSNE envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.