Details: Based on experience
557 McReynolds Rd
The Individual Giving and Annual Fund Manager oversees Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM)’s donor membership program, Donor Circles, as well as the museum’s Annual Fund. The Individual Giving and Annual Fund Manager is a frontline fundraiser who works closely with the Senior Manager of Individual Giving, the VP of External Relations, the Board of Trustees, and the Friends of BADM to develop strategies to secure new Donor Circle gifts ($1,000+), retain and upgrade current Donor Circle members, and help build the museum’s Major Gifts pipeline. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Senior Manager of Individual Giving. The Individual Giving & Annual Fund Manager will work Monday through Friday, although occasional night and weekend hours will be required.
Development Fundraising (70%)
- Manage BADM’s Donor Circle membership program – individuals contributing $1,000+ annually – with a focus on growing the number of donations at the $5,000+ level.
- Ensure that active and effective cultivation strategies are in place for all assigned prospects including a system for contact reports, next steps, etc.
- Coordinate and manage all on-going communications: mailings and follow up plans with current, lapsed, and first-time Donor Circle and Annual Fund donors.
- Work collaboratively with the Sr. Manager of Individual Giving, VP of External Relations, and constituent groups (Trustees, Friends of BADM) to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives for the organization and interests of donors/prospects to generate new Donor Circle gifts and upgrade current Donor Circle members to increase revenue.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Membership and Admission to design and manage a program to upgrade family- and supporting-level members into Donor Circle members.
- Work closely with the Sr. Manager of Individual Giving to manage and implement the Annual Fund, which includes setting and meeting the annual dollar and retention goals.
- Manage and grow the museum’s Annual Fund through prospect research, outreach, and fundraising mailings and emails. Determine message content and segmenting, write and edit letters, emails. Select and supervise vendors; track annual fund donations, analyze progress, and make changes as needed to meet annual fund goals.
- Ensure the highest quality donor stewardship. Respond quickly and effectively to all donor/ potential donor requests; create and implement stewardship strategies.
- Schedule face-to-face meetings with Annual Fund supporters who are Major Gifts prospects as well as Donor Circle members to share museum updates; thank members for their support, and when appropriate, ask them to increase their giving. Assist the Sr. Manager of Individual Giving in identifying and stewarding Donor Circle members who are also Major Gift prospects.
- Create, implement and manage Donor Circle cultivation and stewardship events (for families and adult evening events) throughout the year.
- Actively participate in the strategy and messaging of the museum’s other major fundraising events: Creativity Forum luncheon, etc.
Database Management (10%)
- Work closely with the Development Coordinator to ensure gift acknowledgment letters, prospect tracking, database accuracy, mailings, reports and donor communications are accurate and timely.
- Track and prepare regular reports on revenue and budgets.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Some fundraising experience in a museum or cultural institution preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and experience in successful relationship-building with prospects, donors, volunteers and board members; ability to nurture ongoing relationships.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of donors in order to develop and strengthen relationships between them and the museum.
- Commitment to the Bay Area Discovery museum’s mission.
- Exceptional writing skills. Experience crafting promotional materials, membership materials, and newsletter content a plus. Outstanding interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple fundraising activities and initiatives at one time.
- Articulation and comfort picking up the phone and calling people to track down information, follow up on lapsed memberships/gifts, and respond to inquiries.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility, as well as a high level of motivation.
- Demonstrated record of setting and achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member and also independently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Professional attitude and pleasant demeanor with volunteers, board members, senior staff members, and colleagues.
- Ability to take initiative and propose new ideas, while also remaining open to ideas from others.
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to the job.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant applications; knowledge of fundraising databases preferred. Knowledge of InDesign a plus.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of Bay Area audience and philanthropic community is preferred.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum offers a high-energy, results-oriented, creative and fun environment where all staff members contribute to creating an innovative environment that helps us achieve our mission. BADM provides 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance to all full-time employees, as well as generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks per year. In addition, we offer the knowledge that your skills impact over 300,000 museum visitors each year onsite and many more in the community through BADM’s Center for Childhood Creativity.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=BADM
Applicants should be prepared to provide both a resume and cover letter. Please attach your cover letter in step 2 of the online application process when prompted to attach other documents.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.