Details: $15-22 hourly, 20-29 hours per week
Greenroads Foundation (www.greenroads.org) seeks a Program Assistant for part-time, hourly work up to 3 days per week (20-29 hrs). Your key responsibilities are to ensure that all programs are meeting the mission and exceeding the goals of the organization.
As Program Assistant, you are a loop-closer that makes sure the Project Rating Program, Education Program, and Membership Program run smoothly for our program participants. You make sure our project teams and supporters get the attention and high quality service they deserve. You are a meticulous guardian of details and time. You are responsive and attentive. You know how important it is that i's are dotted and t's are crossed before anything with our brand on it leaves the office. You know your teammates are prepared, on time, and on task, because you made that work (like magic). Program routines seem to run like clockwork, because you've got the rhythm, and everything is in its place. Friends believe you can read minds and you are almost always ready with the next logical step. You crave variety and efficiency. You delight in connecting people and coordinating thoughts and things. You thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working with a team to meet a deadline. Everyone is happy around you, because, well, nothing is on fire, thanks to you. You love a good dose of reality as much as a great conversation.
As an employee, you are choosing to become a daily representative of Greenroads and its mission to benefit communities and the environment by recognizing sustainable transportation projects and promoting sustainability education for transportation infrastructure around the world.
- Providing general administrative and communications support to staff and volunteers
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing systems and databases
- Managing the staff calendar, program schedules and deadlines, and scheduling, coordinating and organizing meetings and calls
- Membership and education program event planning, coordinating and scheduling with members and interested parties
- Exam grading and course evaluation processing
- Coordination of onboarding of new projects and new members, or ongoing education and meetings as needed or requested
- Coordination of project promotional activities and customer experience surveys following Pilot Projects and Certification
- Formatting, proofreading and compiling edits program communications
- Sending estimates and invoices
- Processing expense reimbursement requests, preparing financial reports, maintaining records
- Facilitating access to needed information for our outside vendors
- Responding to and directing email and phone inquiries from clients, the general public, and outside organizations
- Making travel arrangements, including transportation, hotel accommodations, vehicle rentals and conference registration
- Collecting and reporting program key performance metrics quarterly and recommending next actions based on this information.
- Performing other projects as assigned.
- 1-2 years work experience or committed volunteer leadership role
- Excellent written and phone communication skills
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Highly organized and timely
- Great at connecting dots in vast amounts of information
- Finishing tasks gives you immense satisfaction
- You love making people happy
- Professional and positive attitude
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in business, accounting, economics, journalism, psychology, or communications
- Customer service, technical support, or customer relations experience
- Experience with information gathering and research
- Non-profit experience
- Volunteer coordination experience
- Event planning and organization
- Proactive, sense of ownership, can work independently and self-sufficiently
You will report directly to the CEO. You will interact and cooperate directly with active Project Teams, Greenroads Members and other major donors, and sometimes with the Board of Directors.
- This position does not have direct reports.
- Private desk in a collaborative space with lots of windows
- Dog-friendly, with two resident canines for comic relief and exercise in nearby Marymoor Park
- We are currently located on the 2nd floor of a building with no elevator and up a flight of 24 stairs. We acknowledge this is not accessible for everyone. We are open to alternative arrangements if the right candidate requires reasonable accommodations.
- Desk work
- Occasional long or non-routine hours
Other Position Details
- Part-time, non-exempt, permanent
- Part-time employees are eligible for prorated benefits including healthcare reimbursement, wellness program, retirement benefits, and commuter benefits
Greenroads is committed to providing creative and self-directed individuals with a variety of opportunities to learn and develop new skills outside of their comfort zones, after satisfactory competency is established in their assigned tasks and critical responsibilities. As the employee grows and changes, so grows the position responsibilities, and the company. As an employee, you will be expected to participate actively in developing your own plan for performance development and professional growth.
Prospective applicants must upload a completed PDF packet to this online application, including the following supporting materials:
- Copy of individual’s résumé or curriculum vitae
- Writing sample – no more than 1 page
- Presentation sample – no more than 1 MB in PDF or Audio, video, PPTX, or other media acceptable)
- Cover letter that addresses 1) applicant’s personal and career goals, and 2) how working at Greenroads would help the applicant meet those goals, 3) anything else the applicant is willing to share
Part-time employees are eligible for pro-rated benefits after a successful introductory period, including a health reimbursement arrangement (QSEHRA), a wellness program, commuter benefits, and a retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, native proficiency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at the link above. We do not accept email, phone or in person applications. Please note we receive a high volume of applicants and will not be able to respond to each one. We will not respond to incomplete applications.