Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about Conquer Cancer and ASCO, please visit www.conquer.org and www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
A highly motivated Digital Marketing Administrator to join Conquer Cancer, the ASCO Foundation. The selected candidate will apply their marketing skills to develop digital assets that build the Foundation’s pipeline and build our brand.
What you will do:
· Provide support to the Annual Giving team on all online programs, with an emphasis on email, peer-to-peer fundraising, online advertising and maintaining website fundraising content.
· Augment direct mail program with digital integration
· Drive and lead the email communications program, including instituting best practices, donor upsells, email strategy and automation
· Maintain and implement Annual Giving team Communications Calendar via Airtable, in collaboration with stakeholders outside the MarCom division
· Coordinate with the Senior Online Fundraising Manager to promote peer-to-peer fundraising, website donations, and online tribute and memorial giving.
· Strategize and develop Conquer Cancer Giving Day annually between departments, ASCO entities, and all fundraising channels
· Manage online sustainer outreach and segment communications accordingly
· Write, create, and deploy email and social media fundraising and cultivation appeals (e.g. Researcher Spotlights, Year-End appeals), in addition to pre/post event invitations
· Support the Senior Online Fundraising Manager in analyzing digital programs and recommending changes in strategy to generate more revenue.
· Build and run Engaging Networks and Stratus Live queries and reports, i.e. campaign and appeal performance, constituent information and history, and year-over-year comparisons.
· Measure, analyze and report on performance of online programs
· Collaborate with Annual Giving team to plan and implement fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
· Plan and support key fundraising initiatives at ASCO's annual meeting.
· Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox.
· Optimize event invitations and email communications for mobile templates
· Stay up to date on latest digital trends and innovations
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Minimum 4 years-experience
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office applications
Preferred Education and Experience
· Database management and Engaging Networks experience preferred
· Digital marketing experience preferred
· HTML coding experience a plus
· Excellent verbal and written skills with a talent for expressing complex ideas in simple and effective language
· Creative and able to produce engaging written and visual communications
· Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence engaging with people
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to assess, prioritize and manage a varied and demanding workload
No special requirements
Conquer Cancer and ASCO are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though…