Details: Exponent Philanthropy offers a competitive salary and comprehensive and generous benefits package including sick leave, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and transit subsidies.
1720 N Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Exponent Philanthropy is a membership association dedicated to serving foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors. Our members operate leanly and practice philanthropy motivated by personal passion, community needs, and the strong desire for better outcomes. Exponent Philanthropy provides high-quality and cost-effective programs, resources, and connections that maximize our members’ dollars and time for the benefit of a variety of communities and causes.
Our organization is defined by our warm and welcoming culture, based on the following values: relationships come first; one size does not fit all; learning is a life-long journey; quality is essential; and we draw inspiration from the collective impact of our members. Our staff are highly collegial, ethical, bright, and customer service-oriented individuals with a commitment to quality work.
Position Overview: The Senior Program Associate is a member of the Educational Programs Team within the Programs & Services Department and is responsible for serving as the database expert and liaison on the team, coordinating select programs, and supporting programs managed by team members.
Data Management (40%)
- Serve as lead for the organization’s online program registration system, setting up and managing all program registrations in liaison with each program lead. This includes registration and processes for Exponent Philanthropy’s largest program, its annual conference, comprising managing registration set-up, maintaining records, and generating reports.
- Serve as a “power user” of Salesforce (database) for the Programs & Services team: creating reports and dashboards on team metrics, problem solving issues, keeping team members on track with data entry, and serving as liaison to membership team for all database matters.
- Generate insights from registration and program data to inform strategies for program development, attendance and revenue goals, and member engagement.
Member Relations (30%)
- Serve as coordinator for local member groups, answering questions, sending them appropriate resources, and coordinating with other staff to assist members.
- Assist members and other stakeholders with registration inquiries and processes.
- Field and route questions and requests from members and others regarding member services as a member of the frontlines team answering incoming calls.
Program Support (20%)
- Serve as an integral member of the Education Programs Team, providing staff support and/or leadership for Exponent Philanthropy programs, including travel to educational programs to provide on-site logistical support as needed.
- Undertake additional programmatic and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge Development (10%)
- Take advantage of ongoing opportunities to learn about the culture, dynamics, operations and management of private and community foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors.
· 1-2 years’ work experience in detailed-oriented project work to include tasks such as maintaining database records or planning logistics.
· Experience with Salesforce and registration technology, or a strong aptitude to learn and master online databases and registration and other relevant technologies.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to prioritize, take initiative, and work well under deadline with both short-turnaround and longer-term projects.
· Ability to move projects forward efficiently while seeking input from and building consensus among various internal stakeholders.
· Ability to provide high-quality customer service.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
· Excellent verbal, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel a few times throughout the year for Exponent Philanthropy.
- Willingness to accept and take on new challenges for professional growth.
· Capacity and motivation to develop an in-depth understanding of Exponent Philanthropy programs, resources and services.
- Previous experience in philanthropy, philanthropy support and/or the nonprofit sector desired but not required.
Minimum Education Required