The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), the leader in the green building industry, is seeking a Portfolio Certification Manager to serve as the primary consulting contact for our clients pursuing Volume certification in any of our visionary programs - Living Building Challenge, Core Green Building Standard, Zero Energy and Zero Carbon.
ILFI’s Volume program allows clients to align their portfolio design, construction, and operations standards with ILFI’s suite of programs. The ideal candidate has been working in the green building industry with specific experience in the areas of energy reduction, climate change mitigation, energy modeling, embodied carbon reduction strategies, or embodied carbon cradle-to-grave analysis. This individual will have experience managing multiple projects, is an effective technical writer and have strong communication skills.
The International Living Future Institute mission is to catalyze the transformation toward communities that are culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. As a Social Enterprise, the organization believes providing a compelling vision for the future is a fundamental requirement for reconciling humanity’s relationship with the natural world.
More than a decade ago, the International Living Future Institute issued a living-building challenge: use the built environment to create a revolutionary transformation towards true sustainability. Since then, ILFI has continued to grow our visionary programs, challenging developers, corporations, architects, engineers, designers, manufacturers, contractors, and communities to change the course of climate change and share in building a living future through educating, setting standards, research and creating innovative tools. The International Living Future Institute is a dynamic, growing organization setting a new standard with a formidable reputation for integrity, action and measurable results. ILFI offers a collaborative, team-oriented and mission-driven workplace.
ILFI is a global organization with staff and professional volunteers throughout the USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and South America.
VOLUME RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
● Manage the Volume Support inbox
● Assist the Director of Certification in identifying staff resources, developing time estimates for project tasks and confirm time tracking for our Volume contracts
● Coordinate with the Business Development Department when new potential Volume clients and projects are identified
● Manage the development of internal and client facing Volume resources
VOLUME CLIENT SUPPORT
● As consulting contact for assigned Living Building Challenge, Core Green Building Standard, Zero Energy, and Zero Carbon Volume consulting contracts responsibilities include:
o Manage the execution of signed contracts including, schedule client conversations, submit deliverables for review by team peers and department director, submit deliverables to client, assist with project closeout process
o Manage project support staff on execution tasks
o Support the client as they prepare for and complete the Volume audit process
o Confirm time tracking is complete and reported to the department director
● Support the Business Development team on charrettes for Volume clients
● Complete requested deliverables from consulting clients
● Provide ongoing client consulting support in the form of email responses and scheduled calls
CERTIFICATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT
● Serve as a certification point of contact and manage assigned projects from submission to certification ruling
○ Assist, guide and coach assigned project teams through all steps of the certification process including online certification and documentation requirements
○ Serve as a point of contact for the assigned auditor and facilitate communication needed between the auditor, the project team, any ILFI staff and/or subject matter experts or technical services support contacts
○ Assist with the management of projects through any appeal process
● Assist in responding to questions from manufacturers, project teams, and other customers regarding the certification process by email and phone. Questions may range from general to technical, across the Living Building Challenge, Core Green Building Certification, Living Product Challenge, and other ILFI programs.
CERTIFICATION DEPARTMENT ADMIN SUPPORT
● Assist with the development of team work planning and support resources
● Utilize work planning tools to setup team projects, timelines, and deliverables
● Assist with Certification Department and ILFI wide internal training related to Certification related topics
● Bachelor’s degree in a field complimentary to job duties and/or mission of the organization
● 5 years of experience within the green building, green communities or green manufacturing industries, or similar, specifically experience in client support and consulting.
● Demonstrated familiarity with the Living Building Challenge, Core Green Building Certification, Living Community Challenge, and Living Product Challenge programs
● Achieve Living Future Accreditation within 2 months of starting
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong organizational skills
● Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders representing different organizations, backgrounds, and perspectives
● Proficient in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
● Master’s degree in a field relevant to job duties and green building professions
● Demonstrated project management experience
● Strong ability and affinity for basic office computer programs with the ability to learn new software applications. Hardware and software will be Mac based.
● Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM platform
● Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software applications, specifically Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
● Living Future Accreditation and/or LEED Accreditation
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DOING OUR PART TO ACHIEVE A MORE SOCIALLY JUST SOCIETY.
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations. We are committed as an organization to foster better cultural competency, equity and diversity within our culture and policies.
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI), the leader in the green building industry, is seeking a Portfolio Certification Manager to serve as the primary consulting contact for our clients pursuing Volume…
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes full employer-funded health, dental and vision for employees and dependents as well as employee life insurance, disability insurance and a 6% match for our 403(b) retirement plan, three weeks of paid annual leave, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid community volunteer leave, connectivity or transportation stipend and a professional development stipend.
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes full employer-funded health, dental and vision for…