We are hiring a Deputy Director!
In the Deputy Director role, you will have responsibility over all of JYCA’s programmatic work and will lead our team of staff, interns and volunteers. You will work closely with our ED to provide leadership for JYCA’s strategic planning process and will implementing strategies across our programs. You will get to develop JYCA’s structure and operations in ways that align with our values of justice, belonging and equity. You will partner with the ED and other key leaders and will be responsible for developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures in the finance, HR and general operational realms.
These are your core job responsibilities:
50% Program and Team Leadership:
● Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being involved in all programs and initiatives, developing a broad and deep knowledge of our youth, culture and programs
● Lead, coach, develop, and retain JYCA’s high-performance multicultural team with an emphasis on developing capacity in project management, planning, and program budgeting
● Design and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff around organizing, communication, and accountability
● Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
● Coordinate JYCA’s annual and quarterly planning processes and evaluations
● Fundraise for the programs by participating in grant applications, meeting with funders, crowdfunding campaigns, and soliciting donors.
30% Operations and Systems Development
● Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process including collectively budgeting with staff and youth, managing effectively within this budget, and reporting accurately on progress made
● Identify best practices and improve internal technology, financial and project management systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities
● Audit and improve administrative and operational systems to ensure values-alignment, usability, internal controls and best practices
● Miscellaneous operations magic that will help our organization thrive
20% Strategy and Vision Growth
● Provide leadership and input for all strategic plan design and implementation processes with the ED and staff. Coach program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations
● Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation
● Publicly represent JYCA with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private networks and build excitement for JYCA’s vision
● Ensure communications accurately convey our strategy, vision and impact
Who we’re looking for:
You deeply believe young Jews have a role in creating a liberatory world and know the how to build systems and structures to support that work. You see all this work with an organizing approach and love coaching people. You're flexible, love collaborating, are creative and can roll with the unexpected shifts, setbacks and uncertainty with a bit of compassion, humor, and tenacity. You have the energy and skillset to lead our teams, develop internal systems and hold us to our strategic vision in order to strengthen our work.
We are hiring a Deputy Director!
In the Deputy Director role, you will have responsibility over all of JYCA’s programmatic work and will lead our team of staff, interns and volunteers. You will work closely with our ED to provide leadership for…
We offer employees fully funded gold health plan with vision, full dental coverage, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, a 403 (b) plan with employer matching, extensive time off, flexible work schedules and locations, a 32 hour work week, professional development, travel opportunities and more.
We offer employees fully funded gold health plan with vision, full dental coverage, paid parental leave, sabbaticals, a 403 (b) plan with employer matching, extensive time off…