Details: Salary to be determined based on career experience.
Based in Glenview, Illinois, the Site Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of year-round programming, volunteer relationships, and event coordination. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication/interpersonal skills, strong organization skills, and a passion for working with adult volunteers and teen participants in our local community.
Key areas of involvement include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the annual Hands of Peace (HOP) three-week summer program schedule, venue, transportation, food and field trips.
- Recruiting American teens from the Chicago area to participate in the summer program.
- Recruiting and supporting families who sign up to host participants during the summer program.
- Coordinating events including Spring Benefit and Summer Farewell celebration, in partnership with development/marketing staff.
- Planning and implementing year-round Hands of Peace community education events
- Mentoring and working with program alumni throughout the year
- Reaching out to other community groups including local organizations, religious communities and service groups to build connections and partnerships
- Working collaboratively with staff in Chicago, San Diego and Israel/Palestine in implementing the duties above.
- Recruiting, retaining, and managing volunteers to assist with the overall coordination and implementation of the duties above.
- Experience working with teens, or in leadership development, or in dialogue/facilitation is required.
- Experience working with Israelis and Palestinians is preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of technology including databases, communication platforms, and social media is required.
Health Insurance (Blue Cross PPO/HMO options)
Minimum Education Required