Opportunity International was founded in 1971 and exists to bring about a measure of justice, dignity and purpose for families living in poverty. We do this by supporting local micro-finance organizations that provide innovative financial solutions to empower people, create small businesses and build vibrant communities. This year, we are celebrating 50 years of Opportunity.
We serve 12 million hardworking entrepreneurs in 28 countries around the world and have big plans for the world: a world without poverty where people can live with dignity and purpose. Our clients have ambitious dreams for their futures, but lack the opportunities needed to make those dreams a reality.
The Donor Engagement Manager personally recruits and engages donor prospects and select donor lists, principally using virtual engagement channels, e.g., phone, video, social media, etc., to both increase the number of donors and generate charitable funding in support of Opportunity's mission. The Engagement Manager utilizes a combination of virtual communication and solicitation strategies primarily involving phone and email treatment to convert prospects into donors. This role focuses on Opportunity's broad market donors and supporters and contributes to the Organization's fundraising donor recruitment and cultivation, annual and special campaign goals. The role may also provide support to medium and high-capacity donors over the phone, and through written communication to foster loyal donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Engagement Manager recruits annual donors from high net worth prospects to grow the Annual Giving Donor segment ($500-$5000 per annum) and increase the size of the potential pool of Major Donor segment ($7500+). This is accomplished through high volume contact using select lists and generating high conversion rates while also achieving annual fundraising goals. This position is part of the Annual Giving/Middle Donor team; partners with the broader Philanthropy team and works in close coordination with Marketing and other departments as needed.
· Formulate and execute a virtual communications and conversion plan to recruit new donors to Opportunity, increasing the number of annual donors with an assigned portfolio of prospects and select lists of donors to re-engage.
· Execute effective communication, solicitation and engagement activities for lists identified as having potential for the greatest growth in the number of new and re-engaged donors, utilizing various virtual channels: phone, email, video, social media, letters.
· Leverage best practices for prospect recruitment and conversion and provide insights and feedback to the Annual Giving Donor team and Philanthropy.
· Utilize marketing & communications; campaigns; products; events; digital; and reporting to maximize lead generation and conversion.
· Work effectively with colleagues, major gift team and marketing representatives to build tactics and strategies for converting more prospects and to transition new donors as needed to an ongoing relational donor treatment.
· Directly manage the prospect file with annual calendar and goals for regular communications; conversions and giving outcomes
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 5 years of experience engaging with prospects/donors and fundraising by phone with demonstrated achievement of prospect conversion and revenue generation goals.
· Ability to listen carefully to and understand prospect/donor's needs and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals.
· Very strong, disciplined approach to virtual philanthropy & to organizing day to day work.
· Understanding of database management, fundraising/inside sales, and donor relations.
· Proficient in of Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential; experience using Microsoft CRM or comparable fundraising database software preferred.
· The candidate should be a self-starter and demonstrate strong relationship sales motivation and track record.
· She/he would be goal driven; at ease building and maintaining relationships virtually; not afraid to ask but does so in a manner that uplifts the listener. Comfortable taking no for an answer and moving on.
· Demonstrated passion for transformative work, humility, high integrity, and mission-driven with an ability to inspire others.
· Passionate about Opportunity international’s mission and able to promote and communicate the vision, mission, and values to external and internal stakeholders.
· Sr Advisor to CEO
· Middle Donor and Major Gift Fundraisers
· SVP Philanthropy & Support team
· VP, Marketing & Team
Opportunity International was founded in 1971 and exists to bring about a measure of justice, dignity and purpose for families living in poverty. We do this by supporting local micro-finance organizations that provide…
Comprehensive Benefits package, including Blue Cross PPO, Guardian Dental, Company covered life and disability insurance, 403(b) with Company match. Generous allocation of paid time off.
Comprehensive Benefits package, including Blue Cross PPO, Guardian Dental, Company covered life and disability insurance, 403(b) with Company match. Generous allocation of paid…
Please upload resume and cover letter on our site.
Please upload resume and cover letter on our site.